Security Escort - Chapter 33

This takes place afew days after the last chapter. Beginning on the morning of The Day Of Unity.

Luz's POV

I sat safely on the back of one of the C.A.Ts palismen. I just recently had to say bye to Eda and I was terrified. The thought she might not be coming back haunted me. Suddenly, I noticed us begin to slow down.
"Huh, why are we stopping?"
"To meet your Security Escorts!"
Once we were close enough to the ground, the bard pushed me of her palismen.
"Darius insisted! See ya!"
"Hey! I don't need Security Escorts!!!"
I yelled, trying to get her attention, but the C.A.T member flew off too quickly. While I was staring into the sky, a familiar voice spoke.

"Hear that Gus?"
"Yeah, I guess we'll have to go home! Well, It's been fun! See you round, Luz the human!"
I ran towards my friends, Willow and Gus, opening my arms to hug them.
"Wait, no! Of course I want you around! I'm so happy"
Once I was back on my feet, the thoughts settled in.
"And confused. I thought you were all hiding after what happened at Hexside?"

Quiet footsteps approach us, along with a slightly annoying voice.
"They were. But then they heard Darius ordered me to protect you."
Hunter was here as well? I was grateful so many of my friends were here, but also surprised. Gus interrupted my thought process.
"More like he begged us to come because he's terrified of getting recognized!"
The blonde boy looked down at Gus with a slight frown. I was a bit worried about him. Especially with everything going on with him.

Hunters POV

"Hunter, Are you really up for this? You must be dealing with a lot after learning-"
I swiftly cut the human off before she said anything else.
"THAT BELOS IS EVIL? DON'T WORRY I'M A-OKAY!"
I awkwardly chucked during the sentence, there was no way the others were finding out about the grimwalker thing. They'd probably hate me. Willow slowly walked towards Gus as I did to Luz. Quickly spinning her around to talk to her.
"Don't you dare mention that, thing around them!"
"What thing? That you're a Grimwalk-"
I pressed my fingers against her lips, keeping her quiet.
"SHHH!!!!!"
Anxiously, I glared at the human.
"Look, I don't know if I'm a witch, or a human. All I know, is that I'm a copy of somebody Belos made, disappear."
Luz tried to comfort me, but I can't say it helped too much. I just wanted to keep it a secret, and I think she understood that.

The group rushed towards the Blight house, our first destination. Luz told us she wanted to pick up Amity. Just before she walked in, Gus stopped her. It turns our there was coven scouts and abomatons guarding the house. Hiding behind illusions. Willow and I stepped forward so we were closer to Luz and Gus. In that moment, the human sent a plant glyph towards the scout. Causing them to fall to the ground. As we all ran past, I quickly apologized to the scout. They're job was probably boring enough, I can't say this helped.

After passing the first obstacle, everyone rushed closer. Only to be stopped by a giant abomination. Before anybody could act, it pushed Luz to the floor, holding her down. That's when I noticed a red glow out of the corner of my eye. An alarm! Holding onto a long stick I found, I jumped towards the machine. Pushing the stick through it's head, stopping the abomaton from alerting the Blights. While it was trying to reform it's head, Willow took it down with spiked vines before helping Luz up.

We had made it, outside Amity's window. I could see a shadow pacing across the room. Luz's eyes lit up, pushing a plant glyph to the ground. Flowers covered the house, it didn't even look real. Gus, Willow and I waited at the bottom. A minute or two passed until Amity and Luz peeked over the balcony. They carefully made their way down.