The Abomination Head - Chapter 31

"Little Prince?"
My head turned up, looking towards the tall figure in front of me
"Dad- Darius?"
He looked at me with a worried yet confused face. I could only guess it was the bandages covering half my face. But, he didn't say anything. Instead, the coven head pulled me towards him. Hugging me tightly. It reminded me of Willow, how I had left her. And, why I left her.
"Tracker!"
Darius stared at me, eyes full of puzzlement.
"Hunter, I'm not a tracker, it's okay"
"Nonono! I meant there's a tracker, in me! I need out!!!"
I began yelling out of panic, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole forest could hear me.

It didn't take long for Darius to propose looking for Hettie. He held tightly onto my hand as we walked.
"So.. What have you been up to?"
Darius asked, trying to start conversation.
"Um, I was staying with a friend. Then I met up with the human and her girlfriend. Then I left. And now, I've found you. Or maybe you found me? I don't really know?"
The abomination head seemed overjoyed.
"Finally started making friends, huh? You'll be needing this."
He passed me a small, purple, scroll-like thing.
"What is this?"
"It's a scroll! You can use it to talk to your new friends. Even when you're miles away!"
A scroll? I'd definitely heard of it, but I never had one. There wasn't really a point since I didn't have any friends, plus Belos would never allow it.

I gently opened the scroll. A bright purple glow emitted from the screen. Penstagram?
"You can sign up when you're all healed. And once that trackers gone."
Darius continued,
"Do you know where it is?"
I rolled the scroll away before speaking.
"Mhm, my neck."
"I think Hettie will be able to help. We shouldn't be too far off now."

Not long after, we were waiting outside a large tower.
*knock knock*
"Hettie should be out here soon."
The door carefully opened, with a tall figure peaking outside.
"Oh, Hello Darius! And, is this, the golden guard? Oh dear! What happened?"
I felt a bit ashamed. I didn't want to put so much work on Hettie, they probably already had alot to do. The two coven heads sat me down on the sofa before walking away to talk. Probably something important.

A few minutes passed, and I was called over.
"Hunter! Could you come down here?!"
I could hear Darius yell from down the hallway.
"Mhm!"
I said in response, rushing towards them.
"So this is the Golden Guard? Or Hunter? People at the first aid room mentioned you!"
Hettie spoke in a warm tone. I had never really known them well, but I liked the Healing Head already.
"Would you mind removing a few of those bandages so I can start healing? Just to make everything about easier!"

I lifted my arm towards the bandages on my eye. It still hurt to touch. Once I had pulled the bandages away, I heard a small gasp from Hettie.
"Oh, well.. I mean, I can fix it. But some damages will be permanent." By this, I was guessing my eye. That's where it was worst. They sat for about ten minutes, creating small circles around me. And, eventually, they carefully pull out my tracker.

"Well, we're all done here!"
I carefully stood up, still trying not to strain my body. I noticed Darius looking towards Hettie.
"And, how much will this cost?"
"Free of charge! Consider it a favour, now you owe me one!"
I could see the abomination head roll his eyes, I knew he didn't like owing people.
"What will you do with the tracker."
Darius asked, making sure it wasn't going to be used incorrectly.
"I'll probably destroy it."
The abomination head turned to me.
"Well, Hunter. There're some people I need you to meet."
He gently grabbed my hand. Thanking Hettie on his way out.

Silently, we walked through the forest. Darius clutched onto my hand, making me feel secure and safe.
"Have you got any plans for after the day of Unity"
He asked, breaking the silence.
"No, I don't think so."
I suddenly noticed his eyes light up, as if he was planning something.
"Well, since you've never gone to a real school before.."
He continued,
"I was thinking, we could sign you up to Hexside after?"

Me? Hexside? I felt as if I was about to explode with happiness. I could learn magic! Or, at least potions. Willow would be there, so would Luz, and Gus! And Amity aswell.
"I would like that!"
As we continued the journey, the two of us kept talking about Hexside and after the day of Unity. That was, until we finally arrived.
"Welcome, Hunter.. To The coven against the thrones Headquarters!"

Word count:818