Waterworks - Chapter 21

I couldn't help it. I just couldn't.
"I-I. I'm sorry!"
I looked up to Amity it tears. I felt like an embarrassment. I was suppose to be the Golden Guard! Belos would hate this if he found out.
"Nonono! It's okay. What happened?"
The Blight spoke to me.
"Did you hear something Luz said?"
What did she mean? Did Luz say something bad. Is she taking me back to the coven? She wouldn't do that, right?
"N-no. What did Luz say?"
I noticed her quietly sigh as she looked the other way. She gently put her hand on my shoulder.
"Nothing, Don't worry."
I could tell she was lying, and I think she knew I knew. The silence between us was deafening.

After I'd calmed down, she asked me once again.
"Hunter, what happened while you were asleep?"
"I-I"
I felt like she didn't care that much. She probably just wanted to figure out the issue so I wouldn't bug her again.

Amity's POV

I let Hunter calm down for a few minutes before trying to ask him again.
"Hunter, what happened while you were asleep?"
There was something off about Hunter. He was so jumpy and seemed anxious to open up. But if there is an issue, I should help him. Yet he couldn't seem to say anything.
"I-I"
I wanted to let him know I wanted to help, but he probably thinks I don't like him after eclipse lake. And, if I'm honest, I don't like him. I just have enough witch-decency to not let him suffer in silence. He broke down into tears, again.

Hunter's POV

Even the thought of Flapjack being hurt terrified me. Especially since it would be my fault for letting Belos see him. I could feel my eyes watering again. I was acting weak.
"Hunter, you can tell me. I want to help you."
The Blight was still trying to convince me to tell her about the issue. And eventually, I gave in.
"I-it was Flap! H-he was hurt, and on the ground. And it was all my fault!"
I'd never opened up to someone before. I stared at Amity. She looked anxious, like she knew something I didn't.
"It's going to be okay. Flapjack is getting help, remember?"
Her voice sounded shakey and unsure. I was shakey and unsure aswell. Unsure on whether she was telling the truth.
"Will they be back soon?"
"Don't worry, Hunter. I'm sure they won't be long. I'll try call them back. Do you want something to eat?"
I hadn't eaten propally in ages, unless dry rice counts. Belos never really gave me much to eat.
"Um, yes please."
She walked off into the kitchen and brought back a small sandwich.
"Here, I'm going to talk to Luz. Stay here."
She walked off once again to talk to her girlfriend. I hope Flap was okay.

I carefully listened to the call. Since I was far away, I couldn't hear much. But I was able to pick up a bit. Flapjack, gone, it's not working, Hunter. It didn't seem good.
"Will you be home soon?"
"We're on our way."
I felt my hands trembling. He wasn't going to make it. This was all my fault! I should of been more careful. A few minutes passed and the Blight hadn't come back in, I was getting a bit worried. Suddenly, I pushed myself up. She'd been trying to comfort me, she gave me a sandwich. I owe it to her to check if she's okay! I began to walk around the house.
"Amity, are you okay?"
"Amity?"
I ran through different rooms before finding her in the kitchen. She was facing the window, holding onto the counter.
"I'm sorry, Hunter."
"Hm?"
What did she mean? I walked closer.
"Flapjack. He's gone."

Word Count:638