Regret - Chapter 8

Tw. Abuse

I took a deep breath as I walked to the castle doors. Mabye, If I got to my room fast enough, he wouldn't notice me. I ran towards my room, but of course, I bumped into a Coven Scout.
"Golden Guard! Emperor Belos would like to talk to you"
"Oh-um. O-okay.."
He probably already knows I messed up. Is there anything I could do? Mabye I could try reason with him. Who am I kidding, no I can't. I have to face my punishment, it's the only way I can learn. I walked in front of the door. You've got this Hunter, you'll be fine.

"Knock knock"
"Who is this?"
"H-hunter."
"As expected. Come in then"
I pushed the door open. My whole body was shaking though, I could barely move forward.
"Hunter, you failed again."
"I-I.." I couldn't even speak. Any words I tried to say just disappeared. I can't do this. I can't.
"Can't even face me? I give you shelter, saftely, and this is how you repay me?!?! WITH FAILURE?"
"I-I'm.. I!"
"YOU, YOU? QUIT WITH THAT STUTTER WILL YOU? YOU'RE A DISGRACE TO THIS COVEN!"
"U-un.U-uncle! I-"
"Don't call me that. How could I possibly be such a pathetic failures uncle?"
I fell silent. You really messed up now Hunter. He was right. I failed him, over and over. I don't expect him to ever forgive me. I regret not fighting back again. If I fought for long enough, mabye, just mabye, I could of got that stupid human!
"Remove your mask."
"N-no, Un- Emperor Belos, please!"
"REMOVE IT!!"
I couldn't, I just couldn't. I couldn't even move. It was like I was paralysed from fear.
"Abonatons, rise."
He must just be trying to scare me.
"I guess you don't have to remove it, there won't be any left after tonight anyways."

Screams echoed across the hallways. I didn't even care who heard anymore. It came to a point I couldn't even scream. I just collapsed to the floor. Don't cry Hunter, Belos hates it when you cry! After 30 minutes, I just felt numb, so it didn't really hurt after that. But at least I knew those Abomatons worked well now. I was trying to stand up again earlier, but there wasn't really any point now. After an hour, I heard Belos voice.
"You are dismissed."
Was he being serious? Did he just expect me to get up and leave?! I couldn't even move.
"I said, you are dismissed!"
I could feel myself slipping out of consciousness. It use to take much less time to make me pass out but my body is getting better at enduring it. My eyes finally fell shut. I can relax for a bit.

I awoke I think the next day. I mean, I was awake but I couldn't really move without everything aching. I wish I was allowed to go to the Head of the healing coven but Belos said my injuries will help me remember to not fail or disobey him. He was right about the mask too. It was crumbled on the floor. At least he was kind enough to take me to my room. Actually it was more likely he just threw me out and Steve took me back. Yeah, that's probably what happened. I turned my eyes to the clock on the wall. It was 8?! I was 2 hours late. I'm gonna get it for this, aren't I? I tried to stumble out of bed but I couldn't move very well. So I just fell onto the floor, along with a loud crash.

I heard footsteps come towards my room. No no no, nobody could see me like this
"Hunter? Are you okay?"
Was that Raine, the head of the Bard coven? They opened the door.
"Hunter! You have to stay in bed!"
"B-but, I-"
"You've got the day off today! The Emperor said you were too injured from your mission yesterday."
I liked Raine. They only became a coven head recently but they were very kind. Mabye they're the one who found me last night?
"Also! On the topic of the Emperor. I know you usually see him privately before work in the morning, but he said after today, you'll be coming to the meetings. Okay?"
"Mhm, thanks Raine"
"No problem, I'll leave you here, bye!"

Meetings? Public meetings? Did he really hate me that much. I stayed laying on the floor. I should rest as much as possible today. It's the only way I'll be anywhere near okay for missions tomorrow. Just need to close my eyes, and rest.

Word count:778