Runaway - Chapter 16

"I'm not going back."
Luz stared into my eyes. I don't know if she trusted me to go out on my own. After awhile, she let go of my arm.
"Be careful Hunter."
I nodded before running off into the forest. It was freezing, the tears didn't help either. I felt overwhelmed with all this new infomation. What was a Grimwalker? And what did Belos mean I looked most like him? Who was him! I kept running as the wind flowed through my hair. Maybe I'd just live in a cave with Flap. It was better then going back.

Kikimora's POV

"Golden Guard! Where are you hiding?!"
That stupid brat did make my job 10 times worse. The second he wasn't back, Belos made a small search party to find him, the leader being me. Why was the Emperor so obsessed with finding him? He was probably going to kick him out the coven anyways? So what's the point of a search party? Either way, Belos orders. I had to find him.
"Scouts, spilt up! He should be near!"
If I'm honest, I had no idea where he might be. But if he is here, then one of the scouts will find him.

Hunter's POV

My eyes felt heavy, I could barely keep them open.
"Ready to rest, Flap?"
"Tweet tweet!"
"Flapjack, I'm not staying awake any longer."
I'm not sure why Flap needed me to stay awake so much. Both of us have had a long week and I doubt that cardinal could stay awake much longer.
"Just a quick nap, okay?"
Gently, I pushed myself to the ground. It wasn't as comfortable as my bed at home, but it's better then nothing.
"Night, Flap"
"Tweet!"

Kikimora's POV

I heard faint whispers coming from the inner forest.
"I recognize that annoying voice. Scouts, that way!"
The Golden Guard! That was him, I did it! Maybe I could get a promotion!
Kikimora, The new right hand for Emperor Belos! I ran through the trees.
"Quirp quirp!"
That silly bird was helping us find him. Things couldn't be better right now! I wish you luck, Golden Guard.

Hunter's POV

"Quirp quirp!"
"Not now Flap, can't I rest abit longer."
I doubt I'd been asleep that long since Flapjack was so desperate to wake me up. Surely he had a good reason, unsure, I opened my eyes. Shadows ran through the trees, or were my eyes playing tricks on me? It was hard to tell.
"Golden Guard!"
Kikimora? Was she looking for me already.
"C'mon Flap! Let's get going!"
As I pushed myself up with the tree, my legs trembled. I had to be quick. Flapjack swiftly turned into a staff so we could escape. Just as I sat down, I felt a strange goo grab onto my arm, then the other, eventually, I was tied to the ground. I should of stayed with that human! What can I do now?

I layed defenslessly on the dirt. Flapjack was trying to help me break free before any coven scouts came, or worse, Kikimiki. I couldn't look behind me either, so I just had to hope they wouldn't come from over there. Flap was still pecking at the goo. Maybe I should just give up. This was pointless. I was made to support Belos. So why do anything else. I felt a light tap on the shoulder.
"Hello, Golden Guard."
"K-k-ki-"
"Struggling to get a word out? It's Kikimora."
I hated her! She was ruining everything. Emperor Belos was going to kill me!
"Scouts, hold onto him. And, cage the bird."
I attempt to lift my hand to grab Flapjack, but I couldn't move. A group of coven scouts walked towards me, ready to hold me still, probably so one of them could knock me out.
"I demand you to release me!"
The scouts turned to Kikimora,
"He is our superior."
"Well, right now he's just a runaway. Knock him out."
I looked at the group holding me back in fear. I was shaking. I can't go back, I can't! My thoughts were shut up by a hard hit on the head. This was it. Everything went black.

When I awoke, I noticed something. The floor seemed grimy, the air was cold. Yet I didn't feel as if I was outside. Even when I did wake up, everything was still dark. Was it a blindfold. My arms and legs were tied together too.
"Flap! Where are you?"
No response. I was alone.

Word count:751