Mission : Prevent TDOU - Chapter 29

Before knocking, Willow turned to all of us.
"Before we go in, a little warning. Amity parents, especially her mum, are abit- ehhh. Just be really polite. Okay?"
Once we had all agreed, she gently hit her fist against the door. I took a deep breath. What if her parents hate me? What if they kick me out. Am I polite enough? What if I don't meet anybody expectations? The door swung open. Was it, Miss Odalia Blight?

"Oh, Amity's friends right...?"
Willow, who was standing slightly in front of the rest of us, responded.
"Yes ma'am! We were just picking up Amity to go out today."
Her eyes were cold and careless.
"Come in, just be quick about it"
"Thank you ma'am"
"Thanks Miss Blight!"
"Mhm, thanks Odalia, I mean, Miss Blight?"
"Thank you very much Miss."
Just as I walked past, her hand reached for my shoulder.
"Hm, I recognize your voice. Have we met?"
At least she didn't know I was the Golden Guard. Yet, I couldn't get words out.
"I-um. I-I"
Willow noticed me struggling in the back and quickly interrupted.
"He just has one of those voices, you know? Come on, Hunter. Let's get Amity!"
I silently nodded as she pulled me up the stairs.

When we reached the top, Willow asked,
"Do you know her?"
I felt as if I got my voice back when I was with Willow. I was safe with her.
"Yeah, The Emperor's coven bought tons of her Abomatons about a month ago."
Willow grabbed my hand,
"Well, we need to get Amity with Matt and Gus, come on!"
The two of us rushed to Amity door, which had already been opened by the boys.
"Hey Amity! You almost ready?"
I stood still at her bedroom door, waiting for everyone to be ready to leave.
"Mhm!"
She grabbed a little orange circle thingy before she left. If I remember correctly, she used that to contact Luz.

We all ran back down the stairs, through the halls, and out the door. Her house was really, really nice. Quite fancy too.
"Goodbye ma'am!"
"Bye Miss Blight!"
"See you soon Odalia!"
"Byeee!"
"I'll be back soonish!"
Once we found a nice spot to sit down, Gus began explain the plan, again..
"Okay, okay! So we split into 2 groups! Group one being Matt, Amity and I, Group two is Willow and Hunter! Just go around and do stuff! To be specific, get information on TDOU and make sure nobody else is getting sigils!"
Everybody nodded, except Amity, who looked as confused as me first time around.
"Tee-dow? What's Tee-dow?"
"It stands for The Day Of Unity"
"Ohh, okay!"

Once Augustus had finished explaining the plan for the millionth time, we all stood up.
"Group one! We'll go into the forest that way! Group two, you give the other way! Meet here in a few hours! Text each other if there are any issues! Let's gooo!!!!!"
Gus ran off in excitement with the rest of his group trailing.
"Should we start searching?"
"I guess so"

We walked across trees, further until the forest. Something seemed off about Willow. She seemed upset and kept looking towards my wrist, more specifically, my sigil.
"Willow, you alright?"
She didn't say a word. Just kept staring at my sigil. I glanced at her face. It didn't actually look sad, instead it looked, worried?
"Willow?"
"Oh, sorry! I just zoned out."
"Willow, are you okay? You seem a bit.. Down?"
I noticed her take a deep breath.
"Its nothing, don't worry!"
I didn't quite believe her. But I felt like it was best not to push it.

All the forest we walked through was empty, but once we had gotten through the trees, a familar place welcomed us.
The market!
I was sure we'd find some information here! But even if I was excited, Willow still seemed upset. Was it something I did? When I woke up in her arms? Or when I messed up while talking to Odalia? Either way, now was my time to show I wasn't going to fail her!

"I- I think I left something at our meet up spot. I'll be right back."
This was my chance! I'll find an unsuspecting coven scout, get information and then, she won't be mad at me anymore!
"Oh, okay! Be safe!"
Once she had walked off, I picked up the pace and began my search.

Willow's POV

"I- I think I left something at out meet up spot. I'll be right back."
"Oh, okay! Be safe!"
I rushed off, feeling horrible. Since we started walking, I couldn't stop worrying about The Day If Unity. Mainly if we couldn't stop it. I mean, it doesn't effect me, but what about my dad's! And Hunter? They all have sigils. I kept running, looking for a good spot to calm down.
"Breath Willow, you need to calm down."

Hunter's POV

After walking for a few more minutes, my eyes fell on a scout. They were further away from the market, so I wouldn't have any issues just pulling them away. Slowly, I snuck behind, pulling them into the trees. Once I had pulled them away, other scouts emerged. Could I really be this unlucky? I took a deep breath, I could only guess I was going to have to try fight them. Without Flap, without my artificial staff and without magic.

My eyes scanned the surrounding. There was only 5, I think I could take them. Suddenly, a large ball of abomination goo began flying my way. My head suddered forwards, avoiding the purple goop. Once I had moved, another group of plants shot at my arm, gripping tightly, holding me still. Just as I noticed a large wall of concrete flying towards me, one if the closer scouts mentioned.
"Wait, are you the Golden Guard?"
"We found him! Belos will be overjoyed!"
The vines on my arm continued to tighten, and I was still shaking.
"D-d-day. Day of Unity...?"
"Huh?"
I could barely speak, but I needed this! For Willow. Maybe I could tell her before they took me away?
"Tell me about, The Day of Unity. Please?"

Willows POV

Once I had calmed down, I realized. I need to apologize to Hunter! How could I be so stupid. I know how self-conscious he is, he's probably really upset. I grabbed my cross body before running back to the market.

"Hunter?"
No response. Oh Titan, where was he?! I began to panic. As I was rushing across the path, I noticed footprints waking backwards into a small, tree-covered area. Carefully and quietly, I moved near a tall tree, watching from behind. And what I saw just made me panic more.

Dark purple goo and green vines held him down, immobilizing him. Yet, I could still hear his fearful voice.
"Please, I-I... I really need t-to know about the Day of Unity."
"Can somebody just put him to sleep already?"
I had to act quickly! Come on Willow, you've got this! I placed my hand onto the ground. Breath Willow, you've got this. You need to help him.

Hunter's POV

"Please, I-I... I really need t-to know about the Day of Unity."
My voice was trembling so much, I felt weak. I couldn't even fight back. I just wanted Willow's validation and now I've ruined everything. Just as I was about to close my eyes and give up, a huge vine arose from the ground, pushing the nearby scouts back.
"Hunter!"
"Willow?"
She ran towards me, quickly crouching down to pick me up. My ears once again turned a redish -pinkish colour.

She kept running, holding me in her arms. We must of been running for about 5 minutes, which doesn't sound that long but in the moment, it felt like forever. The second she put me down, I felt my myself burst into tears as I collapsed onto the ground.
"I-I, I'm so sorry Willow.."

Word count:1339