Saving Flapjack - Chapter 19

I held onto the girl's hand when running through the halls. I thinks she thought it's because I was worried about her, and I was, but I was worried about Belos. He's going to be nearby. I think, since it's night, there shouldn't be anybody stopping us. I stopped at the door to my room.
"This is it. Flap should be in here."
I gently opened the door.

"Flapjack!" I ran towards the cage, looking for away to open it. The green-eyed girl looked at me, confused.
"Are you sure that's your palismen?"
What did she mean? I poked my finger through the cage.
"Flap?"
No response. This wasn't Flapjack? It was just a normal carving! How had I been so stupid I didn't even know this wasn't my best friend?! I noticed the door creak open.

"Good Evening, Hunter. When I had found out you escaped, I knew you'd come back for your silly palismen." I turned my view up. Flapjack! He was holding Flapjack! I stood there shaking, yet that girl stood in front of me! Was she, protecting me?
"You still can't stand up to me? Maybe, this will help."
He extended his nails into ghastly claws, thrusting them into Flap.
"N-no! I'm sorry Belos!"
He threw my palismen onto the floor.
"He should live, for now. Time to deal with you two!"
I felt as if I was ready to collapse. All I'd eaten recently was dry rice and my body was still killing me. Before my eyes fell shut, I saw Flapjack get picked up by that girl. Then, everything went black.

Belos' POV

Hunter stood at the end of the room. Seems he found a friend? Even if he was being protected, he looked sickly. And so did his stupid bird. It just layed there, almost lifeless. In a moment I blinked, the teenage girl was holding the bird and the grimwalker, ready to ride into the moonlight. I'd get him at some point anyways, so I'll give him a few days to calm down. I've killed all of them before him. I won't stop here.

Hunter's POV

"It's alright little guy. I'm sure Eda will fix you right up."
I heard a gentle voice while I was unconscious. Pushing myself up, I looked towards her.
"What are you-"
I quickly fell back down.
"Be careful! You're still quite wounded! I tried to heal most of them but I'm not the best at healing magic."
I couldn't even stand. I guess I'm really feeling when the scouts shot at me. At least I can rest for a bit.
"What was happening with Emperor Belos? I thought you were his right hand man?"

Was I really going to tell a stranger everything? I can't! But she did help me. I owe it to her.
"Not any more."
"Oh, okay! Anyways, I was thinking of taking you to the Owl House? Eda might be able to help Flapjack."
At the mention of the bird, I looked around. Where was he? I think the girl noticed since she put a hand into her bag. Pulling out a small purse. It had a few holes with a neon green goop pouring out. Carefully, she opened the purse.
"Flap! Is he okay?" I squealed as I looked at my injured friend.
"We just need to get to Eda, she'll help. No worries!"
I grabbed onto a nearby tree, trying to pull myself up. But just when I was standing, My legs were shaking and I could already feel myself ready to fall.
"We need to get going then! We have to-"
"Nonono! Not so fast. You can barely stand! Let me carry you!"
She lifted me up into her arms, carefully running through the woods. I felt a bit bad just falling asleep again, but I hadn't slept the past week and I felt like my body was being torn apart. I'm sure she won't mind too much. Once again, my eyes fell into darkness.

Word Count:668