Saved again - Chapter 26

"I'm coming for you, Flap"
The closer to the ground I got, the more of a blur my thoughts became. Maybe if I kept my eyes closed, I'd never reach the floor. Even if this was an escape, it didn't feel right. Suddenly, I felt my hair touch the concrete. Before I even realized what was about to happen, my head impacted the floor. Everything turned black.

Gus's POV

"We're near the castle now, right?"
Willow and I had been walking for at least an hour now. Once we heard about the incident in the Owl House, both of us were determined to help Luz, Eda and King.
"Umm. Yeah...! I think so?"
My palm hit my face. We've been to the castle before, surely she can remember directions. How silly.
"And! We're here!"
I lifted my head up slightly, looking up towards the large building.
Guess this was our destination.

"I'm not really sure how to get inside though.."
Lifting my hand from my side, I swiftly created two illusions to disguise Willow and I.
"I believe, these will do!"
A small smile was hidden behind the coven scout mask I was using to hide the two of us.
"Time to find our friends!"

Willow's POV

I held tightly onto my friends hand, pulling him and I closer to the castle. Before I was ready to open the door seperating Luz and I, something peered from the corner of my eye. Actually, No. Somebody! And that somebody had left a pool of blood. Feeling anxious, I asked Gus to wait here while I go check everything out.

As I moved towards the strange body, I felt more as if I recognized it.
"Golde- Hunter?"
My eyes searched the surroundings for what could of caused this. Luckily, I had remembered some of that healing magic Emira taught me. Carefully, I circled my finger near the boys wounds. I'm not sure what could of caused all of these. Based on some of the damages, it could be a fall. But that doesn't explain the eye, or anything else. I continued trying my best to fix him up.
"Everything good Willow?"
Gus shouted from a few meters away. I could hear his quiet footsteps approaching.
"Y-yeah! Everything's fine, Just stay over ther-"
Before I could finish my sentence, a loud gasp flowed through my ears. I fully turned around to check on Augustus, he was shaking in position. Completely silent.

"Is that...?"
He asked, voice full of fear. I wasn't to sure how to respond, all that could come out was a nod.
"We need to help him! We can't just leave him here!"
"We won't Gus, Don't worry."
I couldn't think how we could possibly save Luz, King and Eda and look after him at the same time. A few seconds later, an idea sprung to my head.
"Gus, can you take him somewhere safe? I'll call Amity over for help."
"But Willow-"
"Please...?"
Reluctantly, Gus pulled Hunter over his shoulder, onto his palismen and flew off. I knew Hunter was super light, so Gus could carry him. I just hope everything would be okay..

Gus's POV

Willow stared at me, I could already guess what she was going to propose.
"Gus, can you take him somewhere safe? I'll call Amity over for help."
"But Willow-"
"Please...?"
I felt horrible for leaving Willow, and now, I couldn't use my illusions to help either. But Hunter needed this. I flew away as far as possible. My brain scurried through ideas on where I could go. Naturally, my first thought would be Luz, Eda and King. But they had been taken away by the Emperor's Coven. Next it would be Willow, or Amity. But both of them are busy too now. My flight direction quickly changed. I was gonna go to Mattholomule's house!

*knock knock*
I could hear murmers through the door. I texted Matt on my scroll while flying, it was just if he's seen it yet. The door swung open.
"Ohh, Hi there! You must be Matt's 'friend'! Come in!"
The woman, who I could only guess was his mum, let out a small giggle after she said friend. I also don't think she had noticed Hunter quite yet.
"Matt! Your friend is her- huh??!!!!"
Her eye's shot to the boy on my shoulder.
"Oh gosh! Is that- the Golden Guard! Are you okay with him on your shoulder? Is he okay?"
I hadn't really planned for questions, yet still felt like I should at least try to respond.
"I'm fine with him on my shoulder, he's super light. And he's okay, actually, no! He's not doing well at all. We really need help."
She still seemed shocked.
"Keep him here! I'll take care of him, you go up with your friend."
"Are you sure Ma'am?"
"Of course!"
I thanked Matt's mum before running upstairs to see my boyfriend. Probably having to explain the issue.

Steve's POV

I walked across the hallway, listening to the voices at the end. I think it was Matt's friend, Gus? Once they stopped talking, I continued walking across my house. Just before ascending the stairs, something caught my eye.
"The Golden Guard?!"
I could see my mum bandaging up a blonde boy, who was laying on the sofa.
"Sorry! I forgot to mention, I'm just helping him out for Augustus."
I guess Belos got him in the end. Most people from the coven didn't know about his "special treatment" and a lot of the ones who did just didn't really care. But in the end, Belos finished with him.
"Is there anything I could help with?"
I moved closer, offering to help. Even if he often acted rude and inconsiderate sometimes, it was Belos's fault. He didn't deserve all this.
"Oh, thank you! Could you fetch me some more bandages and disinfectant spray?"
I ran towards the draw holding anything safety related, pulling out everything she might be needing.

It took about 30 minutes for my mum, a master healer, to fix him up enough to move. But that was including bandaging and everything else.
"Sorry about that Steve! I'll leave you be now, aha!"
I responded with a small smile before leaving to go upstairs.

Hunter's POV

Quiet footsteps flooded my ears before I pushed myself up. Where was I? Just as I tried to fully stand up, two hands pushed me back down.
"Oh no sweetie! You have to rest!"
Slightly shaken up, I asked
"W-where am I?"
"Oh, yes! You're at the Tholomule house! Your friend's upstairs as well, don't worry!"
Friend? My friend was Flap, and he was gone.
"Friend?"
"Mhm? Augustus I believe?"
Did she mean Gus? Was Gus my friend? I softly smiled.
"Would you like something to drink? I have coffee, Tea, juice and water?"
"Just some water, please"
I felt safe here. I just had to hope it would last.

Word count:1151

Torn Apart - Hunter angst - TOHजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें