Just a Game

A/N: Whoa... So this chapter is probably going to be the longest thing I have ever written!! Dude! Like, seriously! I didn't want it to be this long, and I had other plans for happenings in this chapter, but that didn't really work out... ^_^' But when do things ever go as planned?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kate walked into the music class after Hikaru ran off to his next class. She had told him not to, but he walked her to her class even though it meant he would be late. He was such a nice guy...

She looked around the class, seeing Shae waving to her

"Hey!" Kate said as she sat in the empty seat next to her. "How was history?"

"Alright, Kaoru kept poking me in the back with his pencil though. Until I took it away from him." Shae shrugged. "Then he walked me to class. What about biology?"

"It was cool. Some girls glared at me for some reason, Hikaru was really nice and he walked me to this class even though it means he'll be late for his, and I love the teacher! He was so funny!"

Shae chuckled. "See? School isn't so bad."

"Yeah, well the day isn't over yet." Kate looked around. "So what's going on with this class? Why're we so far in the back?"

"Kaoru said it would be for the best; the teacher is the 'show-and-tell' kind. As for the class... look at the cross dresser on the row in front of us to the right."

Kate looked to where her friend indicated, seeing a supposed boy with brown hair and big doe eyes. "Whoa... Look at those eyes, no way that's a dude."

"I didn't think they had cross dressers at this school, but I guess they're everywhere."

Suddenly, the door burst open, causing the two Americans to jump. Walking into the room was a, as Kate would call it, "glamorous lady". She had on a long white dress that flared out at the bottom, pearls, and just enough make-up to have the movie star look without looking like a clown.

"Good day class!" She announced.

"Good day, Ms. Reiko." The classed replied, standing and bowing as the Class Rep told them. As everyone went to sit back down, Reiko looked over her class, her eyes landing on the two Americans.

"Oh ho ho? You two girls in the back, please remain standing." Kate and Shae shared a look but did as told. "I take it you're the new transfers from America?"

The girls nodded. "Yes, ma'am."

"Wonderful! I would love to hear you two sing something for me! It can be anything you want, I don't care." The way she had said it, the girls knew there was no room for objection.

They leaned in to decide on a song, soon taking a deep breath and starting to sing. Once they had finished, everyone stood for them.

"Beautiful! Simply beautiful!" Reiko cheered. Suddenly though, she stopped and put a finger on her chin. "I have decided! You two will be the leading ladies in our summer musical!"

"Wha...?"

"Come again?"

"It's a Cinderella musical, I'm sure that I can edit the script and make Cinderella into two girls... sisters... Yes, that's it! Cinder and Ella! This is perfect! Class is dismissed while I go and change things around in the plot!" Reiko left the room, her dress flying around her feet. The class started to pack their things while the Americans just stared at the open door.