Something New Around Every Corner

A/N: yeah... Remember how I said that the last chapter would probably be the longest i would ever write? Yeah, I lied. This chapter is 11 pages!!! I don't even know how I did that...

"Ah, princesses! How nice of you to join us-"

"Back off, boss, they're our guests."

Shae and Kate watched as the twins knocked Tamaki out of the way and then literally drag the girls to a nearby sofa.

"Uh... is senpai going to be okay?" Kate asked, looking back at the blonde, who was now sitting in a dark corner of the room.

"It's fine. He does that-"

"A lot. Don't worry."

"What matters now is that you ladies finally came! Welcome to the Host Club!" The twins smiled, taking their seats across from the girls.

Thirty minutes passed since the girls came, twenty-nine minutes since they thought the Host Club was... unique (it is unknown if this type of unique was good or bad to them yet), and twenty-three minutes since they discovered Tamaki and the twins' true natures.

"Excuse me for a second, please." Shae said, standing up. "Where's the bathroom?"

As she headed to where the twins' told her, Shae glanced at the boy with glasses. He wasn't hosting anyone, and hasn't been since she arrived; he would talk with some of the fangirls and get them to buy things, some girls would sit and stare at him, but he wouldn't host. He just wandered around, checking on the guests and writing in his black notebook.

And he was still doing it when Shae was on her way back. She glanced at Kate, who was laughing with the twins, then back to the boy. 'Eh, why not?' She thought, changing direction.

"What're you writing in there?" She asked, trying to look around his shoulder. There wasn't a chance that she could look over it, with him being ten inches taller than her, but she could look around.

He closed the notebook though and turned to face her with a business-like smile. "Miss Reed, I hope you're enjoying your time here."

"I'd enjoy it more if I knew what you were writing, you made me curious now."

"I'm sorry, but I can't divulge that information even to guests."

Shae stared at his smile, an unreadable look on her face. How often did he give real smiles to people; what was in his notebook; why doesn't he host when he's so popular? These and much more were going through the girl's head. This man made her curious, and she loved his mysterious aura.

"Hm, too bad." She looked over at some girls at a table that were glaring at her as she asked her next question, "Why aren't you hosting like your friends?"

Kyoya followed her gaze to the jealous fangirls and chuckled. "The girls know that I am busy with keeping this club afloat and decided to just... watch from a distance most of the time." He sounded amused by this, a smirk playing on his lips and his eyes getting a certain spark in them. The spark was soon hidden, though, as his glasses cast a glare to hide his eyes completely. It only intrigued the girl farther, she wanted to get to know him better.

"Though I do have certain days when I'm available for hosting." He smirked down at her, as if he could tell what she was thinking.

"And when would that be?"

"Tuesdays and Fridays. Would you care to schedule an appointment?"

Before Shae could reply, a pair of redheads and a blonde suddenly appeared around them.

"Kyoya-senpai! Can Kate and Shae be hostesses?!" The twins asked excitedly.

"Shae! Please be a hostess with me!" Kate begged, grabbing Shae's hand.