Date as 'Friends'

Kate was slightly nervous. Hikaru had called her yesterday and asked if she wanted to hang out with him in town on a 'friendship date'. It wasn't the first time they'd be alone together, but it was the first time they'd be alone in town doing couple-y stuff together. But, thankfully, diner and a movie made it easy to pick out what she'd wear. Jeans, a white undershirt, and a light pink shirt that stopped right below her stomach. She had always like the outfit, but never got the chance to wear it until now.

Hikaru was supposed to come pick her up in a few minutes to go to a burger place then to the movies at seven. She had no idea what they were going to watch, but since Hikaru picked it, it wouldn't be boring.

There was a knock at her door, singling the arrival of the red haired twin.

"Yo." He said with a smile as she opened the door. It always made Kate slightly jealous of the fashion sense of the Host Club, but since Hikaru's mom was a designer, it did make sense.

He wore an orange undershirt with a blue V-neck tank top over it, with yellow around the neck and arm holes, and tan pants.

"Hey." Kate smiled back, chuckling a bit. "You know, I think it's cute how you and Kaoru tend to wear orange and blue a lot."

Hikaru frowned in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Orange is Kaoru's favorite color and blue is yours, right? You're always together even when you don't know it."

"How'd you know that was our favorite colors? We never told you."

Kate just continued smiling. "I just know. Anyway, are you ready?"

Hikaru shook of his surprised look and nodded. "Yeah, let's go.

---

The burger joint was a nice place with a retro design. The waitresses were friendly, though a bit too much so around Hikaru, but he practically ignored them.

"So, Kaoru didn't want to come today?" Kate asked after the waitress brought their food. For some strange reason, Hikaru blushed.

"Nah, he's busy with stuff and couldn't make it... And besides..." Hikaru looked down, his blush intensifying. "I wanted to be alone with you..."

Kate glanced up at him, a pained look on her face, before looking at her food. She took a deep breath, "Listen, Hikaru... I like you, you're really nice. But I'm sorry, I can't like you the way you want me to. I didn't come to Japan to find someone to love, I can't go through that again just yet."

He looked up at her before staring back down. "It's fine, you don't have to apologize. I understand." His eyes darted back up at her, a smirk dancing on his lips. "Besides, 'yet' means you will someday. I'm just staking my claim ahead of time."

Kate blushed madly, her heart rebelling and beating faster.

"S-So... Wh-what are we going to watch later?" She stuttered, busying herself by eating.

"Se-cr-et~!" Hikaru chuckled, bringing a finger to his lips, smirking evilly. That smirk made Kate's trust in the red head go down significantly.

"Lovely. Just lovely. You know I don't like surprises, right?"

"Well, you don't get a choice this time."

Kate looked up at the ceiling, spreading her arms out. "God, is this punishment for all that I have done to annoy my parents and friends? This is payback, right?"

Hikaru laughed, "Don't you think He'll save the payback for when you have kids though?"

"What if I don't have kids though? Then my friends will have to be my payback."

"Don't you want kids though?"

Kate blushed, looking back down at her food. "It's not that I don't want kids, it's just, what if something happens to me before I get to that point in my life? Tomorrow is never promised, so you never know what the day will bring."

Hikaru lifted an eyebrow. "Wow... That's actually... really true and sagely..."

Kate smirked, doing a peace sign. "I have my wise moments, though they be few and far between."

"You sound like a pirate!"

"Argh, matey! Silence or I'll make ye walk da plank!"

The two teens burst into laughter, trying not to spill their food when they started leaning over the table in their laughs. People also in the small room looked at them, smiling.

"What a cute couple..." An elderly woman said to her husband, patting his arm, who nodded in return.

The rest of their time in the restraunt was spent much the same, laughing with and at each other. And before they knew it, it was time for them to rush to the movie house, or they'd miss it.

"Now, close your eyes!" Hikaru smiled, standing in front of Kate, blocking her view of the movies.

"Why...?"

"Because it's a surprise!"

Kate sighed but did as told, a feeling of dread building within her.

That feeling proved true as she sat in the theater, watching the previews. It was a horror movie.

Though, she put on the act that she wasn't scared out of her mind just from the previews so that Hikaru wouldn't feel bad. Though she could see how he would think she'd enjoy this, they were talking about how she played horror games occasionally. Thing was, Kate was more of the horror game person, not horror movies. Though both scared her...

Half way through the movie, Kate was clinging to Hikaru's arm, though still watching the screen. Just as Hikaru had planned... It may seem evil and hurtful to most, but not him. He remembered the blonde girl saying that she sort of like the horror genre, even if it scared her, she couldn't stop herself from finishing something. The keywords being in their conversation was how she would latch onto anything near her when she was scared. So, if Hikaru had brought her to a horror movie, she would cling to him and see how brave he was and fall in love!

Though... it didn't work the way he planned exactly...

"Ah!" Hikaru screamed, clinging to Kate as well.

Hikaru was also scared out of his mind.

A/N: the part where Hikaru 'confessed' to me, yeah, that actually happened in the RP. Shae teased me for responding the way I did as well, I felt so bad too because she made Hikaru sad and I can't handle sad characters!! I can't! I panic! There was one time we had one of the characters crying and I was like "TIME SKIP NOW I CAN'T HANDLE THIS!!!!" Hahaha ^_^;

This chapter is short as well... sorry! I hope I get back to normal lengths soon! Though..... I don't remember what happens after this either. I DON'T LIKE REMEMBERING THIS FAR BACK!!! But I've said all this before, so I'll get through it somehow.

SPARKLING PRINCESS OUT!