Valentine's Day Special

A/N: Wow! The Author's Note is at the top this time! This hasn't happened since the first chapter! Anyway! This story is in two parts. The first will be of Kate and Hikaru, Karu~. And the second part is Shae and Kyoya, Shaya~! It took me a while to find what I had planned for Shaya, so I just started on Karu because that was pretty simple. And let it be known, I started writing this four days ago. I do not like time limits. I know, I know, "Kamitara, why didn't you start writing before February?" Because I wasn't planning on writing this until five days ago! And writing Valentine things like this without actually ever being in a relationship to celebrate it is very hard... Thank God for actual couples for me to get inspiration from! XD

Karu

Kate's P.O.V.

I stared at myself in the mirror, smoothing out my dress nervously. It was Valentine's Day and Hikaru had called me for a date at his 'house'. Something that big shouldn't even be considered a house, more like a very large building.

Many thoughts about this had been going through my head. Why his house? What would we do? Was this dress okay? Was it too fancy or too casual? Maybe I should wear jeans? But Jeans wouldn't be as cute as a dress... Jeans would definitely be too casual. But what if his plans for tonight involved a lot of moving around? What if we played twister?! Leggings wouldn't go well with the dress! I'll bring a change of clothes! That's what I'll do!

I quickly ran to my dresser and pulled out black jeans and a nice shirt and stuffed them in a bag; then I ran outside to the limo that was waiting for me.

I fidgeted in my seat as we drove to Hitachiin Mansion. I hit the button that brought the visor down to look at the driver.

"Miss Justice?" He asked questioningly, looking in the mirror at me.

"Is what I'm wearing okay?"

He smiled at me. "Yes, Miss Justice, what you're wearing is perfectly fine. Don't worry."

I returned the smile gratefully.

Jitensha –the driver's name –opened the door for me when we got there and bowed with a smile as I got out and thanked him before going inside.

Once inside, the maids brought me to the sitting room before quickly leaving me and running in the direction of the kitchen. I stared after them, deciding to check out what was going on when I heard Kaoru laughing and Hikaru yelling.

I froze when I saw the kitchen though... It was a mess.

The smell of something burning is what hit me first, then I saw the red stuff, I think tomato sauce, all over the floor; brown stuff on the counters, I didn't even want to guess what that was... Kaoru was sitting on a stool, flour completely covering him, laughing at Hikaru who was at the stove. Hikaru...

I had to hold my hand over my mouth to keep from laughing. Hikaru had a look of total horror on his face as the pot on the stove caught on fire. He was covered in things of all colors: red, brown, white... pink and blue... His hair was a mess, and his fancy clothes were ruined.

After the maids put out the fire, I made my presence known.

"Well then, so this is why you don't normally cook things?" I asked in an amused voice, chuckling at the sight before me.

It was Hikaru's turn to freeze when he saw me.

"Kate! What are you doing here? You're early!" He panicked as he rushed toward me and attempted to stop me from seeing anymore of the mess he made.