Happy Birthday Shae

Shae woke up early on Thursday; not because of school, or her alarm, but because of the knocking at her bedroom door.

Groggily she got up, opening the door and glaring at the person that dare interrupt her sleep before she was supposed to be awake. That is, until she saw the black hair and glasses.

"Kyoya...? What are you doing here? How'd you get in?"

"Your uncle let me in before he left for work." Kyoya answered. "Now go get dressed, I've got a limo waiting for us outside."

"A limo...? What's going on? Why are you awake so early and in a good mood? Where are we going?"

"Have you actually forgotten what today is?" Kyoya asked, smirking. "Besides, it's not that early, just a few minutes before your normal alarm."

Shae thought for a moment before face palming. How on God's green earth could she forget that today was her birthday? She ran back in her room, closing the door and getting dressed before going back out to see Kyoya waiting for her at the door.

"Ready?" He asked, opening to door for her.

"What about school?"

"I had us excused for the day, so don't worry about it."

When the pair was halfway down the road, Kyoya pulled out a blindfold for her. Shae stared at it for a second then laughed and put it on.

"Better not try anything, Ootori. I can hurt someone if I wanted to."

The male chuckled. "You have my word, Reed."

When they arrived, Shae could even hear the driver chuckling as they got out.

"Kyoya, c'mon, what's the big surprise?" Shae laughed as Kyoya led her inside some place.

"Just a little longer. I promise you'll love it." He said, an amused smile plastered on his face, that no matter what he did, it wouldn't come off.

Shae remembered how Kyoya had been giving her very few hints about what her present would be, but still made it sound amazing. Shae hated waiting, and that seemed to give Kyoya more reason not to tell her what her present was. Though the majority of the waiting was over, the suspense was still very strong.

Kyoya brought Shae to the middle of a dark room then left her for a second to turn on the lights, made sure everything was in place before allowing her to take the blindfold off.

Shae kept her eyes closed a few seconds longer after the cloth was removed then slowly cracked her eyes open and gasped.

Surrounding her was the biggest room Shae had ever seen, filled to the top with books.

Shae turned around a few times, taking it all in. She stopped turning in front of Kyoya, smiling wide at him and pulling him into a tight hug.

"You are the best boyfriend a girl could ever ask for! Thank you so much! This is amazing! Is it all for me?"

"This room and all the others in this building." Kyoya pointed to the four doors spread out around the walls.

"There's more than one room?!" Shae let go of him then ran to one of the doors, looking inside and seeing an overflow of the books. The next was a small kitchen, already filled with food. Another door showed a 'small' bedroom; small to Kyoya, huge to Shae. And the last door hid a movie room with a giant flat-screen TV and theater chairs, the walls holding shelf after shelf after shelf of movies.

Shae could hardly contain her excitement from it all. She ran to Kyoya and hugged him again.

"I assume you like it?" He asked, smiling and hugging her back.

"I love it! This is amazing, Kyoya! Is it really for me?" She looked up at him, tears of happiness forming in her eyes.

"All for you, my queen." Kyoya gave her a true smile, the kind he saved just for her. "You can come here whenever you like, I'll give you the key and security password." Kyoya showed her around, explaining things to her.

"The first room you went in is for books you would like to add. The second one is in case you get hungry, or if you used the third room and end up staying the night; you have enough food for a week and I have servants that will be in on Sunday to refill everything. There's a bathroom in the bedroom with a shower and bath. And then a movie room in case you get tired of reading; you might have missed it, but there's also a counter in the corner for the commoners' tradition of popcorn, candy, and sodas during movies." He said as they walked around.

"The books are organized the same as the movies, genre then alphabetical. There are maps at the end of each shelf that not only say where you are, but where the genres are as well. There's a phone on each of the walls, rooms and floors."

"Floors?" Shae asked with her head tilted slightly.

Kyoya chuckled. "You didn't notice?" He pointed up, showing three more floors. If Shae thought she had fangirled before, she was majorly fangirling now.

"Kyoya...! Oh my gosh, Kyoya, this is too much! You didn't have to go this far just for me, I would have been happy with something small!" Shae exclaimed, wiping her watering eyes and looking up at the black haired boy.

"I would buy you a country if it meant you'd be happy." He moved a piece of hair behind her ear, cupping her cheek. "Nothing is too great when it comes to you, Shae."

They smiled at each other for a while; slowly leaning in, when a crash was heard behind one of the bookshelves.

"Now look what you did, Hikaru! It was perfect and you ruined it!"

"It wasn't my fault! Boss was way too close to me and I panicked! If anything, it's his fault!"

"Don't you dare try blaming this on me, you doppelganger! You're the one that fell!" The voices argued amongst each other for some time after that until Kyoya appeared, a dark aura surrounding him. The host club silently screamed for a minute then took off running in a random direction, probably going to get lost in the near future.

Shae laughed, "How'd they know this place was here?"

"I brought them yesterday, asking them to help set up a party for you in the movie room. I regret that decision immensely at the moment." Kyoya replied, a sour look on his face.

Shae walked over to him, chuckling to herself and tugged on his arm, lowering him to her level and kissed his cheek. "A shadow lord shouldn't regret things. C'mon, let's go find them before they get too lost."

Turns out the rest of the hosts hadn't gone so far in that they'd never be seen again (like Kyoya somewhat wished), but they were lost nonetheless.

And then they all watched whatever Shae wanted while stuffing themselves silly with cake, candy, ice cream, and cookies.

One of the best birthdays Shae had ever had.

A/N: Happy birthday, Shae!! Even though it's been a little over a year since we stopped talking, I still think of you as one of my best friends. Hope you had a great day! Love you, little miss sunshine! ^_^