Preparing

Shae was slightly panicking. She was meeting Kyoya's father, sister, and fiancé today; who wouldn't be panicking? She knew exactly why she was panicking too.

She realized it while she was telling him to stay yesterday. She liked him. And not the friend type of like, the 'like like' type. She had a major crush on Kyoya Ootori, one of the most coolest guys at Ouran. How had that happened? She had no idea, she just knew it happened.

What should she wear? Kyoya told her it didn't matter, but she still couldn't just show up in anything. They lived in a mansion, and what if his sister didn't like her and gave her something weird or forgot to bring the clothes? In the end, she decided on a nice shirt and jeans.

Just like Kyoya said, he and his limo showed up at exactly nine o'clock. She was out the door before he could even get out the limo.

He chuckled at her. "Nervous?" He opened the door for her.

"A little." She got in, sitting across from him.

"Don't be just yet. You can relax for now."

"Easier said than done. What if your family doesn't like me and says you can't be friends with me anymore?"

Kyoya looked in his notebook, looking at a page. "I know my sister will love you; my brothers won't be there today, so you don't need to worry about them. As for my father and ex-fiancé... it depends. I'm almost certain that Éclair won't like you, but my father may be persuaded if we play the cards right."

"And how will we do that? You said you'd tell me how to act now." Shae had a light blush over the fact that his sister would already love her without even meeting her. Does that mean that Kyoya told her about Shae?

"With my father, whenever he either talks to you, or you reply to him, look in his eyes; he finds that very appealing in anyone. Never speak unless spoken to. Don't fidget. Those are the most important things you need to do."

Shae nodded. "Look in his eyes; don't speak unless spoken to; and no fidgeting. Got it. What about Éclair?"

"She is... somewhat different. Whatever you do, do not look in her eyes. She takes it as a challenge and will do... unpleasant things. Or try to; I won't let her hurt you though."

Her eyes widened. What kind of unpleasant things? Kyoya was going to be forced to marry a crazy like her? Was she really crazy or just seemingly so? "So... don't look in her eyes... Anything else?"

"Basically the same as my father, but for different reasons. That's mostly it." He closed his notebook, glancing at her from over his glasses.

"What about your sister? No rules for her?"

"Just one." He paused for a few seconds then smiled. "Be yourself."

The rest of the ride to the Ootori Estate was in smaller instructions of how to act and what to do if she was invited to stay for tea. When they arrived at the front door, there was a girl waiting for them.

As soon as Shae stepped out of the limo, the girl attacked her with a hug.

"Ah! U-um...!" Shae glanced at Kyoya, wondering what to do.

Kyoya only sighed and rubbed his forehead. "Fuyumi, at least introduce yourself before attacking her."

"Oh! I'm so sorry!" She let go of Shae and took a step back, bowing slightly. "I'm Fuyumi Ootori-Shido, Kyoya's older sister. It's a pleasure to finally meet you. Kyoya's told me a lot about you!"

Shae blushed, so Kyoya had talked about her to his sister...

"It's nice to meet you too, I'm Shae." Shae bowed as well, smiling.