Ootori

The room was really bright when the door to the office opened, making Shae unable to see the occupants, like in some cheesy anime.

Kyoya closed the door behind him and led the way into the room, Shae staying close behind him.

"Ah! You're finally back, Kyoya-sama!" A female voice cheered. "It seemed like you were gone for forever...!"

Shae glanced around Kyoya to look at the girl, and gasped slightly. She was beautiful... Long blonde hair in loose curls down her back and green eyes. Her black lacy dress -seemingly too hot to wear at the start of summer- went almost to her ankles, but you could still see the elegant, dark blue heels and black stockings. She looked at Shae, and Shae quickly looked to the man sitting behind the desk.

He looked cold-hearted... a constant glare on his face as he looked her up and down, judging her. He had an air of superiority to him, like if he told someone to do something, they felt as if you had to do it with no questions. Shae had a new admiration to Kyoya for disobeying this man...

The man's dark eyes finally set on Shae's, locking gazes with her. They held the eye contact for a while before the man smirked, looking to Kyoya.

"You told her how to act?"

"Yes, father."

The man chuckled and looked to Éclair, telling her to sit in a chair next to the desk.

"But I want to sit next to Kyoya-sama!" She whined, giving pleading eyes to Kyoya, who in turn paid her no mind and sat down as well.

"I am Yoshio Ootori, head of the Ootori family and Ootori Hospitals. This is Éclair Michot, only daughter from the Michot Dukedom in France. I understand that you, Shae Reed, have put a thought into my youngest son's head that he can do whatever he wants as long as it's what he really wants. Is that correct?"

Shae held his gaze and nodded. "No matter what status your family is, no matter if you're first born or last, you should still be able to do what your heart wants."

"So what you're saying is..." Éclair said, standing up and walking to Shae, "that when your father tells you to do something that you don't want to do, you don't do it?"

Shae kept looking forward, away from Éclair. "No. I listen to my dad it's important; but when it's something like moving to another country just to get better business and forcing me to get married, then yes, I wouldn't listen to him."

"But these are our ways." Yoshio said. " The ways that have been passed down for generations. It's the family head that decides what the rest of the family does. If I were to tell my eldest son, Yuuichi, to quit his job at my hospital and leave his family to go to a remote island as a doctor there, he has no choice but to listen. Because it is my job to instruct the Ootori family."

"Then maybe some traditions are better left in the past. What happened to free will? Human rights? Don't those mean anything?"

"Rules don't apply to rich people." Éclair said, right in front of Shae now. Kyoya took her arm and pulled her gently away from Shae, giving her a stern look. Éclair pouted but went back to her seat anyway.

"So what you're saying is..." Shae countered, "you can kill someone but not get in trouble just because you're rich?"

Éclair's eyes widened, then narrowed into a glare and said nothing. Shae looked back to Yoshio.

"All I'm saying is, your family should also have a say in what you do. It is their life too. What if Kyoya wanted to marry someone you didn't like, but he loved? Would you make him leave her? That doesn't seem too father-like."