Happy Birthday, Kate

"Seriously... What person sleeps in on their birthday?" A redhead's voice said outside Kate's door one morning.

"We've been waiting for three hours and she still hasn't come out."

"Why don't you just use the spare key and go in?"

"She moved it!"

"That's Kate for you..." The brunette walked up to the door and took out her keys, showing a spare key to the blonde's apartment.

"Why didn't you just come over to begin with?!" The twins yelled, slightly frustrated.

"I wanted to see if you could wake her up the hard way." Shae said as she opened the door for them. "Now you can go wake her up the easy way."

The twins brightened at those words and ran off to the sleeping girl's room as the rest of the host club waited in the living room. The blonde king in the group suddenly regretted his decision to let them go alone when a scream came from Kate.

Tamaki and Honey were about to go running in when the twins came running out with a sleepy/angry Kate chasing them around the house a few times before catching them by their collars.

"What is the meaning of this...? I will destroy you if you answer incorrectly." Her grey eyes practically glowed.

"Easy, Kate-chan, did you forget that today was your birthday or something?" Kaoru held up his hands, smiling worriedly at her.

Kate's face went blank for a second as she let go of them.

"...Today's January thirtieth...?"

"Yes!" Everyone yelled, some chuckling at her 'blondeness'.

Kate's sleep-hazy brain took a little longer to process the new info, but when it did, she went and collapsed on the sofa. "My first present can be sleep."

The twins grabbed her arms and dragged her back to her room, Shae following behind holding a bag from a clothing store.

After a small struggle which ended with Shae and Kate kicking the twins out of the room, Shae started working on dressing Kate up.

"You know, I'm not really surprised you'd want to sleep in, but still... it's your birthday." Shae said as she brushed Kate's hair.

"Kyoya had to wake you up for your birthday."

"It was like, five in the morning. That's something normal for him to wake me up. Well... it's not normal for him to be awake before me... That was kind of surprising."

"It was surprising, when the twins came over at around four telling me that it was Kyoya's orders, I didn't believe them at first."

Shae laughed. "Let me guess, the reason it was different for them to come in that time from this is because you were still awake? What time you went to bed this morning?"

Kate didn't answer for a while, slowly going back to sleep from Shae messing with her hair. "Around five... I found a new anime and watched the whole series."

"Of course you did. You sound a bit like Murasakibara when you're sleepy, you know that?" Shae chuckled. "Remember when I used to try and stay up with you when we were texting? I'd always end up passing out around midnight."

"And I'd tell you not to strain yourself and go to sleep when you would get tired. It took you a month to finally listen to me. Ha, it was one of the few times I would actually act like the older one."