9. Leap Of Faith

Radhika paced the living room of her house in apprehension.

Samar had left the house early in the morning and had not returned, even when the night was about to fall. She was worried for his safety and well-being. She did not know if Samar had eaten anything the entire day. Her heart was sinking slowly with every passing moment.
Finally, Samar stepped in and she let a breath of relief.

She appeared visibly relieved at his sight and smiled as she approached him. Samar looked at her and realized that she was probably looking forward to see him at home. He looked down and licked his lips.

"I will freshen up." He said without looking at her and walked away to his room.

Radhika went to the kitchen to warm up the food for him. By the time she plated the food and brought it for him, he had taken a shower and changed into a fresh pair.
She smiled and kept the plate on bedside table, knowing very well that Samar no more needed assistance in eating.

He silently picked up the plate and ate whatever was served when Radhika left him alone. He was actually looking forward to a moment with her.

When Radhika came back after some time, to collect the empty plate and hand him over his medicine and also to give him a massage, Samar was preparing himself to break the news.

She sat down beside him and held his hand to apply oil and massage it into the skin.

"I want to tell you something." Samar suddenly spoke and Radhika looked up surprised.

Samar cleared his throat.
"I have been applying for jobs, for a past few days. And... I have received a positive response from a company. I have accepted their offer and they need me join soon, at their head office."

Radhika was stunned at the information.

"Why? Why do you need this, Kunwarsa?" She asked after a moment of contemplation.

"Then what do I do? Stay here all my life, like an outsider? I can't be a burden to you all my life." He tried to make her understand.

She nodded looking down.
"Then, why don't you go back to the mansion?" she asked hopefully.

He shook his head.
"I can't be a burden to Karan too. He is better without me."

Radhika knew, that was not true. The twins could not be better without each other. But the way Karan had let him go, was an indication in itself that they needed to breath themselves, to understand their importance in each others lives.

Radhika looked down and tried to focus on the massage, while her mind was in turmoil.

"I need to leave tomorrow morning." He whispered looking at her and she snapped her eyes at him. There was no hint that he would take her along. She understood his unsaid statement and blinked with a heavy heart.

"So soon?" her voice croaked.
He hummed in response.

No other word was shared and Samar gently pulled his hand away, saying a small thank you. Radhika nodded and walked out swiftly.

That night, while she tried to sleep, just out of his room, her mind was clouded by her brother's words. His every word was proving to be true. Samar was about to take a step towards betterment and she did not know if she had a place in his life. Mohit's words rang in her ears, the way he differentiated royalty from common man, broke her heart as everything appeared to come to reality. She knew, she did not belong in his class, but it hurt to know that he did not think of taking her along. Mohit had mentioned that Samar would never look back, once he finds his true self, and she would be left behind with a shattered self.
She knew it was true, but when the reality hit hard, it hurt.