20. Letter

Avantika looked down her wind when the car honked.
Dressed in a beautiful pale yellow anarkali, she looked delicate like a flower. She stood there with a small smile adorning her lips as the gates were opened to let his car in. Viraj's came in after a moment and settled himself on the sofa in the living room, until her father showed up  followed by Karan.

Viraj bent down to touch his feet and her father smiled, putting a strong hand on his head.

"I actually came to pick Avantika for dinner. I will drop her back safely."

Her father nodded and walked away after a subtle glance to Karan,, who was lost in his thoughts.

"Karan?" Viraj tried to gain his attention.

Karan looked at him and blinked.

"Where are you lost?" Viraj asked.

Karan smiled.
"Nothing, I will call her down."

But he did not have to. Avantika shyly made herself available. Karan chuckled and draped an ATM around her shoulders.
"My security will follow you, Viraj. They will stay away. You can take as long as you want."

Viraj just nodded.
After whatever happened with Radhika in their own house, Karan had been keeping a watch on Rama. Though no suspicious activity was traced, he just wanted to be on a safe side.
Avantika left with Viraj and Karan thought back on the time when he would take Meera for such dinner dates. He missed her sweet side. The Meera now present in mansion was a more responsible version. She walked on eggshells around everyone. Though she smiled and tried to blend in with the family, an unknown force made her keep distance.
The staff informed the mansion followed her orders without missing a beat, but deep down, Karan knew that the staff did that not out of respect but out of obligation. She was a princess and that was the only thing that made them toe the line. She was just tolerated by the staff, not loved like him.

She was desperately trying to behave and respect everyone. She had changed a lot since she was on the verge of motherhood. He could not stop loving her.

He was glad that Avantika too, found a man to rely on for life. He knew, Viraj too, loved her and slowly find a soulmate in Avantika.
Everything was slowly falling into place, he just had one regret. His family was not complete. He wanted his brother by his side when he embraced the parenthood.

He also knew how his parents missed Samar. They were the future king and queen and had to be cautious of the emotions they displayed, but the human in them cried and wailed for their estranged son.

With something in mind, Karan walked away.
He was determined to bring Samar back. If Samar would not come back willingly, he was ready to drag him back, unceremoniously.

Samar had tried to wipe the distance between him and Radhika. He had tried all means to convince her that they were now husband and wife. But his slow brained wife refused to take any hints.

Samar absolutely hated when she called him 'Kunwarsa'.
He wanted to her call him by his name, but she never paid any heed to his attempts. She kept on addressing him formally.

"Kunwarsa? Would you be able to come to market tomorrow? I need to refill the grocery." She asked while they were about to get over with their dinner.

Samar looked at her and held her gaze.
"Why do you keep on calling me that?"

He had asked her this a hundred times, but she went silent and never answered.

"Don't call me that, if you don't have the answer." He said with a straight face.

She pursed her lips.
"Why?"

Samar blinked.

"Why don't you like me calling that?"