19. New Phase

They reached Chennai in the early hours of dawn.
It was still dark when they reached their quarter.

"Kunwarsa?" Radhika softly called out when Samar was thinking if he should catch up a few hours of sleep before welcoming a new day.
He was taken aback slightly but looked at her.

"Should I make something for you? To eat?"

He shook his head in denial.
"No, I think we can catch up on some sleep. You eat something if you want."

Radhika looked at the wall clock. She could catch up at least two hours of sleep. Without wasting anymore moment she decided to take the privilege and found Samar was already in deep slumber.

Everything had changed between them. Samar had stared at her young features for a little longer before he left for the office. She was left struggling with her haywire emotions.

It was afternoon when Radhika dialled a number from her phone. The call was received after two rings.

"How are you?" Mohit asked.

"I am good. Did you do as I said?" She asked without missing a beat.

He chuckled.
"Yes. I did exactly as told by you. I am sure he received your envelope on his birthday."

She smiled.
"No one asked you anything. Right?"

"The security asked me. But I told them it was just a birthday card. They were not ready initially to send it to the Prince. They had it scanned but found nothing suspicious. So they said, they would deliver it."

She hummed in response.

"Why did you not call for so long?" He asked offended.

She looked down at the long mangalsutra and a smile played on her lips. She lovingly held the pendant and stroked it.
"I was a bit busy."

"Busy doing what?" He playfully asked.

There was a silence pause for a moment and Mohit furrowed his eyebrows.
"Radhika? Is everything alright?"

Radhika blushed deeply.
"Mohit, I want to tell you something."

"I am listening. You can tell me anything."

"I and Kunwarsa.. We got married again. This time traditionally." She whispered smiling.

Mohit went silent for a moment and then chuckled.
"So, someone is really happy?"

She giggled.
"Yes, I am. Didn't I tell you that he would make everything right?"

Her laughter was contagious and made Mohit chuckle.
"You need more than just right, Radhika. You deserve 'perfect'."

Radhika heaved a deep relieved sigh.
"Everything will fall in place, Mohit. I am glad he is moving on. It was not easy on his part. He had proved to be very strong. Stronger than I would like to imagine. May be you were right. It's in the royal blood."

Mehul could not be happier for his sister.

That evening, Samar came back and placed his office bag on the bed. While he picked up his towel and walked away for a shower, Radhika out of habit put the water on the stove to prepare tea.

"Radhika?" Samar suddenly opened the door of the bathroom and called her out.

"Huhh!" She responded startled.

"Can you please plug in my laptop for charging?"

She nodded and he locked the door of the bathroom again.

Radhika lowered the flame of the gas and walked to the bed. She opened the zip of the bag and her nose was hit by a flowery scent. She foerward her eyebrows and pushed her hand inside to pull out the laptop, when something soft and cold touched her hand. She looked at the bundle of leaves tied with thread, that no woman could mistake to recognize. She forgot about the laptop and unwinded the thread to look at the fresh and fragrant flowers of jasmine stringed together. Her eyes glinted with happiness. She jumped in surprise when a pair of strong arms engulfed her from behind. Her body froze and her mind went blank.

"Liked it?" Samar whispered, tightening his hold gently.

She slightly turned her head to look at him.

"Breathe, Radhika." He said leaving her and taking a step back.

She looked down and gulped hard.
It took another moment for her to gather some courage and look at him. He tilted his head and smiled.

"May I?" He asked looking at the flower string and she blushed harder.

Samar picked up the flowers and whiffed a lungful staring at her. A warm rush of emotions enveloped her. He gently turned her around and pulled out a pin from her hair. He fixed the pun in the string of flowers and secured it back in her hair. Radhika let out a shaky breath, she did not know she was holding. He placed his palms over her shoulders and turned her back to face him. She did not have the courage to meet his eyes but her eyes had turned misty by the overwhelming moment. He held her face in the warm hollow of his palms and looked at her. All he could see was a brave woman who had stood by him in all things and thins.

When she slightly raised her eyes to look at him, she found his eyes glossy. She was taken aback.
He smiled slightly.
"Welcome to my life... Wife!"

The bare whisper was enough to send her on a rainbow ride.

"Thank you for everything, Radhika. I owe you a lot. And I am not below confessing that I owe my life to you, after Karan... If has kept me alive, and you gave me a reason to live."

His sincere confession made a few tears roll down her eyes.

"I could have never done what you did by risking your life even when I meant nothing to you. All I see is a brave woman and that makes you more beautiful than any woman I have ever laid my eyes on."

Radhika had her breath hitch.

Samar shook his head.
"You are not my first. I had lived a wild life in Greece and in Boston. But I promise you my loyalty. I am ready to offer all that you desire and more than you deserve."

She was holding on to a thin string of confidence.

"Are you ready to share your joy, sorrow, problems, achievements and everything with me?" He asked while his thumb stroked her cheek lightly.

Radhika could barely nod and found herself at the loss of words.
He waited for a moment to see if she was ready and bend down to place a lingering kiss on her head. She was too lost in the moment that she did not realize when Samar wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer. She closed her eyes and dusted on the fabric of his T-shirt.

She opened her eyes with a start and pulled away. He looked at her with wide eyes.
"Your tea is boiling already." She whispered helplessly and he burst out laughing, only to make her run away and hide behind the perforated wooden partition that separates the kitchen platform.

She turned off the gas and tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. She looked at him through the laser cut perforation shyly.
He was smiling at her already.

That night changed everything. Samar requested her to join him for dinner and she did not deny. They had eaten together and Samar did not shy away from asking her join him in his bed.
The slow and silent approaches were equally reciprocated. Samar had shown her the way to extreme ecstasy and had glided on the euphoria while exploring her delicate femininity.

------------------------------

Another chapter up.

Few more chapters to go.

30 comments will open a new chapter.

Vote and comment
Love