22. Home

Samar looked at the car in front him, to which his father guided them to.

The pristine white car was decorated with an intricate maze created with the fragrant flowers, that covered the entire car. The bonnet of the car that a large beautiful arrangement of red roses and white tulips with a green backgrounds of leaves.
He widened his eyes and a shy blush coated his cheeks.

"Dad! What is this all for?" He asked bewildered.

His father just patted his back.
"Let me tell you a secret, Sam. This is all about the love the people of Songarh have for their Prince. Believe me, when Karan told me about you being in Chennai and that he was about to send a letter to you, the staff was around and overjoyed. They took it upon themselves to arrange the decorations and everything else."

Samar's eyes misted. The love everyone showered on him was overwhelming.
What he and the royals did not know was, the love was not just for him.
The people of Songarh and the staff at the mansion was eagerly waiting for one brave woman who brought their Prince to life.
Every single maid in the staff was waiting eagerly for Radhika to return and they were excited at the news like never before.
To add up to their enthusiasm, Karan had announced a lavish feast for the province of Songarh.

Samar slide in the car and Radhika looked on as his father simply opted the car that he had come in leaving the two of them in the closed space with the driver.
Samar looked at her and wrapped an arm around her and pulled her closer. She sighed, trying to get used to the new surroundings.

Meera knew Samar and Radhika would arrive any moment. She did not know what they had gone through the entire time, but she found a perfect moment to extend her heartfelt apologies to both Samar and Radhika.
She had taken up early that day. Karan had left the room in early hours of dawn. She too had decided to start the day and got ready in light brown lehenga that was soothing to her eyes, yet comfortable to move around, given her situation.
She walked down to meet her mother-in-law, with whom she had warmed up easily. Just like Karan had told her, his parents loved her as their daughter-in-law. It was only the staff that kept the distance from her.

"Maa?" She called out to gain attention of her mother-in-law.

Malti looked at her and was surprised to see her up so early in the morning.

"Why did you come down?You should be resting." Malti asked lovingly.

"I heard Kunwar Samar and Radhika will be coming any moment."

Malti nodded.
"Come, sit. Would you like something to eat?"

"No, Maa. Not this early. Actually, did you happen to see Karan?" Meera asked sitting on an empty chair carefully.

Malti chuckled and shook her head. She was too happy and nothing at all could dampen her mood.
"I suggest, you should forget about him for a day or two. I think he has a lot of catching up to do with his twin."

Meera had her lips curved in a thin line. She knew how her husband missed his twin and that he was inconsolable for a few days after Samar's departure. Her husband would finally find his happiness.

"Maa, can I ask you something?"

Malti hummed slicing an apple for Meera.

"You know, you will soon be crowned. And still you are doing something that you can easily get done by others."

Malti looked up at her.
"You know what, Meera, there is a leader or a representative to the group so that they can have someone to address their welfare. A king or a queen is not appointed so that they can be served by the people. They are people's servants and are liable for the happiness and well-being of their issues and folks. A crown comes with responsibility. It is not a privilege. It is handled to be care and respected."

Meera nodded and lowered her head. She had to learn a lot. She was slowly understanding how her husband had turned out to be so humble. She was not surprised when Raghav's parents decided to give up the position and hand it over to Vijaysingh and Malti. Raghav, stripped off of all the luxuries, lived a reclusive life, in the outhouse of the mansion, with his wife. She had tried all the tricks on her sleeve to persuade her husband to leave with her to her parents place. When he refused, she left alone and was soon sent back, unceremoniously, after knowing what her husband did and what she followed to do with the wife of Samar.
She was forced to live a life of a maid, doing all the mundane tasks by herself to feed herself and her husband, only because, her mother-in-law refused to give up little Mukta.

Everyone was startled as the loud music played. Dhol and other auspicious musical instruments played a sweet tune and it was evident that the most awaited moment had finally arrived. The maids rushed in with a large decorated silver plate with lighted lamps and sweets.

Malti took hasty steps towards the main door and found the fleet of cars entering the premises of the mansion. Her eyes filled with happiness. Meera followed her and found her husband at the main door and wondered where he had popped up there from.
She smiled at his enthusiasm.

Even ever grumpy Bhoora appeared to be in a happy mood and that was one of the realest moments.

All other cars halted at the gate while two car entered and stopped at the main entrance. Vijaysingh stepped down and Karan rushed to open the door of the decorated car.
He had his breath falter for a moment. His brother was nowhere like he left the mansion. He looked just healthy as he was before. Samar pulled his stunned twin in his embrace and found his home. Karan gulped down a lump in his throat and tightened his embrace.

Samar was startled when rose petals were showered.
He pulled with misty eyes and chuckled.

"What is all this, Karan? It's too much."

Karan laughed out loud.
"Get used to it."

He looked back and Samar followed his gaze. Radhika had stepped down the car and stood there with a bated breath. Samar smiled and gestured her to come forward. The moment she came closer, Karan pulled her in his embrace. She was startled.
"Thank you for everything, Radhika. And welcome back. You made my family complete."

She had tears in her eyes when he pulled back.

"Come, Everyone is waiting for you." Karan guided apprehensive Radhika and overwhelmed Samar to where his mother was standing. He looked around at his father and found him looking at his now complete family.
The man deserved peace and his heart finally found it.

---------------------------------------

Another chapter up.

This story will have another chapter which will be given tomorrow evening.
I couldn't wrap it up in one chapter.

Few more closures are required.

Happy weekend and keep supporting.

Vote and comment Love