Chapter 13: Hieroglyphics

Elz continued through the caves and found himself in a new area. This area of the caves was much more polished. It had marble pillars and the walls were lined with pictures. Each wall had a different name above it. The cave was divided into perfectly square rooms, each with a tomb inside of the middle. It seemed each room was dedicated to a different person and their story. In these square rooms Elz encountered a number of living skeletons.

   He was very grateful that he took the sword, as it would be very helpful now. He was able to dispatch the skeletons with ease. After a bit of this Elz took a break to eat some food, only to find the room he stopped in had HIS name on the walls. This confused him greatly as he wasn't dead and to his knowledge Elz isn't a common name. He looked through the walls and was shocked to see his own life story drawn on these very walls right until this point. He read the walls and learned about his past again.

   He learned of how he was one of the species humans hunted and how he was taken after his family went into hiding. He was trapped for years until Nathan saved him from certain death. He learned his species was able to survive up to 6 years without food, but it seemed after only a few days of living like a human it conditioned his body to not act like that, and to need to depend on food more. At the end of the wall, he saw an image of himself opening the tomb in the middle of his room. Then the wall was blank for the rest, waiting for the rest of his story to unfold. And so Elz went to the tomb and found it was locked. So he summoned his magic and unlocked the tomb, and opened it to find a gem.

   The inside was marked "for Elz". So he took it. He was filled with a sudden power and the stone golem appeared beside him. A hologram of the spelpmaster came into view.
   "Congratulations Elz, you have found your Eather gem, and so have learned your Eather spell," the hologram said. "I hope to see you again someday. Goodbye Elz!" and with that Elz was surrounded by light once again.