Ch. 28 Take Side

(Y/n)'s POV

We could see the Kingdom of Liones having smoke rising from it, engulfing the once vibrant city in chaos and destruction. The sight left a pit in my stomach, and a chilling sensation ran down my spine. It seemed our journey towards a brighter future was not going to be an easy one, as an unknown enemy revealed itself. Nevertheless, amidst the devastation, our determination to create a better world remained unshaken. With a solemn resolve, we stepped forward, ready to face the challenges that awaited us and to reclaim the peace we all longed for.

Then, however, the remaining ten commandments brushed us aside as they advanced past us. It became clear that they were not interested in working together towards a brighter future. They had their own agenda, fueled by greed and power. As they forged ahead, leaving destruction in their wake, our team exchanged determined glances. We couldn't let their betrayal deter us from our mission. With renewed strength, we rallied together, ready to fight for what we believed in and to overcome the obstacles that lay ahead.

Fraudrin, Melascula, Galand, Drole, and Gloxinia were together as they stood before us. "Who would you choose, Zeldris? Us or your childhood friend?" Gloxinia asked. Zeldris paused, his mind conflicting with emotions from his past and loyalty to the demons he now stood with. But deep down, he knew the true intentions of Fraudrin and his companions. With unwavering determination, Zeldris turned to face his childhood friend, his voice resonating with conviction: "I choose my true allies. Those who stand for justice and righteousness. And it is not you. I wouldn't want to be separated from (Y/n) again." With those words, the defiance in Zeldris' eyes ignited a fire within our team, solidifying our resolve to take down the treacherous demons and restore balance to the world. "What about you, Estarossa? Us or your childhood friend?" Gloxinia asked. Estarossa responded, "The same as Zeldris' choice," firmly, his gaze unwavering. "I cannot turn my back on (Y/N) once more. They have always been there for me, through thick and thin. We share a bond that transcends childhood friendship, a bond forged in trust and loyalty." As his words hung in the air, we knew that our team had grown stronger, united by a shared purpose and the unwavering support of our true allies.

"From this day forward, I and Estarossa are no longer part of the ten commandments!" Zeldris declared to them. "We stand against our father, the Demon King, and his tyrannical rule. We choose to fight for justice and protect (Y/N) at all costs. Together, we will create a new path, free from the shackles of our past. (Y/N) has shown us the true meaning of friendship and loyalty, and we will not betray them again. With them by our side, we will overcome any obstacle and forge a future filled with hope and righteousness." His declaration sent shockwaves through us, for Zeldris was one of the most powerful and respected members of the Ten Commandments. As he severed his ties with the organization, it became clear that his loyalty now lay with me. In the silence, amidst the uncertainty, a resounding sense of hope arose, for Zeldris had chosen love over power, and that choice held the potential to reshape their futures. "How foolish of you, Zeldris and Estarossa!" Galand boomed, his voice filled with disdain and anger. "You two were the darlings of the Ten Commandments, destined for greatness and eternal power. But now, you have foolishly abandoned our cause for some fleeting notion of love. Love is a weakness, and it will be your downfall. The future you envision is nothing but a fantasy." However, his words only fueled Zeldris' determination, for he knew that love was not a weakness but a strength that could guide them towards a better future. "Even though the Demon King's power gave birth to us, we are leaving him since he is the reason we are dead in our previous world of (Y/n). It was too much for us to bear to watch that (Y/n) ended up alone and suffering. So, now that we've reconciled, I'm not going to make the same stupid mistakes I did to her. I will protect her with all my power and make sure she never has to suffer again. Love is not a weakness, it is the driving force that will keep us motivated and united in our mission to create a better world for both humans and demons. Together, we will overcome any obstacles that come our way and prove that love is indeed a strength to be reckoned with," Zeldris said in confident tone. "Same as mine," Estarossa chucked softly. "You guys, did you now forgive Meliodas that you're willing to take my side?" I pleaded with them. "Still not yet; all we want is to see you happy again, our Queen (Y/n)," Zeldris said as he kissed the back of my hand. I blushed at Zeldris' words and the gentle touch of his lips on my hand. It was clear that they all cared deeply for me, even though they hadn't fully forgiven Meliodas yet. Their support and love meant the world to me, and I knew that together we could conquer any challenges that came our way. Meliodas asked in an envious voice, "Oy, what were you doing, Zeldris?" as he grabbed my hand, and I only giggled at his jealousy. "Oh, just admiring the affection Zeldris was showing me," I replied teasingly, giving Meliodas a playful wink. Despite their rivalry, it was evident that Meliodas still had strong feelings for me. Surrounded by the love and support of both brothers, I couldn't help but feel incredibly lucky.

"Now that you two have chosen your paths, Zeldris and Estarossa, we will resurrect the Demon King, even if only five of us, and annihilate all of you," Gloxinia said evilly.

As I heard the words 'resurrect the Demon King' and 'annihilate', the memories of the past rushed back, filling my mind with images of destruction and chaos. I remembered the countless lives lost and the pain it brought to both humans and demons alike. I couldn't stand idly by and let history repeat itself. Determination welled up inside me as I made up my mind to stop Gloxinia's sinister plan and protect the peace that Meliodas and I had fought so hard to achieve.

Then Fraudrin, Melascula, Galand, Drole, and Gloxinia immediately ran away to resurrect the Demon King. We chased after them, but we saw in the Kingdom of Liones that they were still being attacked by the demons they had summoned. The city was in chaos, with buildings crumbling and innocent civilians running for their lives. My heart sank at the sight, knowing that we were the only ones who could save them. "Tssk." I clicked my tongue in frustration, realizing the immense responsibility that fell upon our shoulders. Without hesitation, we stopped chasing the other commandments and turned our direction toward the kingdom of Liones. As we made our way towards the kingdom, a sense of urgency consumed us. The fate of the Kingdom of Liones rested on our shoulders, and failure was not an option. With determination in our eyes, we prepared ourselves for the battle that awaited us, ready to unleash our powers and protect the innocent from the demons' wrath. As we arrived at the kingdom's outskirts, the sounds of destruction grew louder, fueling our resolve to bring an end to this chaos.