Ch. 31 Banquet

(Y/n)'s POV

After we had defeated the demons and the Demon King, I restored the Kingdom of Liones to its former glory by simply raising my hand and saying, "Restore." Instantly, the desolate kingdom bloomed with lush greenery, vibrant colors, and majestic structures. The scars of battle vanished, replaced by an aura of tranquility that permeated every corner of the land.

Not far from our sight on the outskirts, we can see the citizens returning to their kingdom, their faces filled with awe and disbelief at the sudden transformation that had taken place. They dropped to their knees, expressing their gratitude and admiration for their newfound admiration or hero. With tears of joy streaming down their faces, they knew that they were finally safe and protected. The air was filled with a sense of hope and renewed determination as the citizens of Liones set out to create a stronger and better future together.

Then, after the citizens returned to their homes, the last to enter the kingdom were the royal family and Elizabeth, while they waved and bowed to me as a sign of thanking me and everyone else. And I thought, 'Yes, bow to me, you lowly humans, for I am the one who saved you all.' I smirked triumphantly, relishing in the power and control I had over their lives. "Hey, what is that smirk for?" Meliodas asked as if he knew what I was thinking. "It seems that there's nothing I can hide from you, dear Meliodas," I giggled. Meliodas chuckled and shook his head, his eyes sparkling mischievously. "Oh, I've always known what lies behind that smirk of yours," he said, his voice filled with fondness. "Okay, fine, I'm sorry. I was just kidding with my thoughts and also trying to see if I could get a reaction out of you all," I admitted sheepishly. The tension in the room dissolved as everyone burst into laughter, happy to let go of the power play. In that moment, I realized that true control and power came from genuine connections and trust, rather than manipulating others. Meliodas truly knew me better than anyone, and I was grateful for his understanding and love.

Elizabeth came rushing to us and shouted, "Everyone, I have great news!" As Elizabeth caught her breath, we all turned our attention to her, curious about the news she was about to share. Her eyes sparkled with excitement as she exclaimed, "We will be having a banquet this evening to celebrate our victory against the demon clan!" The entire group erupted in cheers, clapping and hugging each other tightly. The news of a banquet lifted our spirits, knowing that our hard-fought battles were not in vain and that we had the opportunity to come together to celebrate our triumph. In that moment, I knew that our bonds had grown even stronger and that our unity and trust would continue to be the source of our strength in the battles yet to come. 

Eventually, we went into the castle. The maids unexpectedly met us and took us to our rooms while assisting us in changing. The maids were gentle and kind, and their warm smiles put us at ease. As they helped us change into fresh clothes, the fatigue from the battles seemed to melt away. The castle rooms were spacious and beautifully decorated, a stark contrast to the harsh realities of the battlefield. We couldn't help but feel a sense of gratitude and comfort, knowing that we were safe and well cared for. The banquet was just a few hours away, and we couldn't wait to gather again, this time in celebration and the company of our fellow warriors.

Meliodas POV

The banquet is about to start, and the castle is filled with an air of excitement and anticipation. The aroma of sumptuous dishes fills the hallways as the chefs work diligently to prepare a feast fit for us. The sound of laughter and cheerful chatter echos through the corridors as warriors from different kingdoms reunite and exchange stories of their triumphs and near escapes on the battlefield. As the sun sets, casting a warm glow through the stained glass windows, we take our seats at the grand banquet table, ready to celebrate our victories and honor the fallen. I've been looking around, and I can't see (Y/N) yet. The anticipation builds as the feast is about to begin, and I feel a twinge of worry. Suddenly, the doors swung open, and there stood (Y/N). Everyone was stunned by her presence and the beauty she radiated. Her entrance was like a breath of fresh air, as if she had brought life and hope back into the room. Clad in a magnificent gown that shimmered with every step, she exuded an aura of strength and resilience.