Ch. 21 Decision

(Unknown Place)

(Y/n)'s Pov

I kept traveling in an unfamiliar place, running and running in search of a way out to leave this place as a voice lingered in my thoughts. "Just forget about him," replied the voice. "How can I get out of this place? Can you tell me?" I begged, wanting to see him again and to speak the truth. "Just forget about him... so you can leave this place," it says, and I was astonished to learn that it was referring to Meliodas. "Is there any other way out besides forgetting about him?" I said, hoping there was another way out. "There is no other way to get out, and if you want to get out desperately, you should have totally forgotten about him," stated the voice. I gave up running finding a way out. I just sat there, gripping my knees and crying quietly.  

"He's not the same man you remember anymore...

He's just a stranger...

How long will you hold him in your mind, soul, and heart, and beyond your limits?

In this world, he is just another human being.

Can't you tell the difference?

He's a different person.

He has his own thoughts, feelings, experiences, and narrative.

Your friendship with him is over.

What if he only regards you as a friend?

What if he refuses to see you because he has a lover to protect?

You understand that I'm saying that this is a different world from yours.

So simply forget about him in order to avoid being hurt...

In order for you to be at ease," The voice said. 

I'm lying on the ground and weeping. Simply by considering its terms, it may be accurate.

This is not my world; I have come here specifically for him, yet he is a different person with a different life and story. I feel the weight of loneliness and disappointment filling my chest as I replay his words in my mind. It's painful to accept that the connection I thought we had was only a figment of my imagination. As I lay on the ground, tears streamed down my face. The thought of him in someone else's arms breaks my heart even more, but deep down, I understand that this world is not mine to hold onto. In order to heal and find peace within myself, I must let go of this unrequited love and accept that he is on a different path with a different story that doesn't include me.

"I simply desired to be loved by the person I adore.

I want to see him, but at the same time, I don't want to," I mumbled into myself.

This is not my world; I just came here just for him, but he is another person, a life, and a story.

I felt no one loved me,

If I could only believe...

Since I don't even know the color of your heart,

This incomparable feeling

Is it so frightening? but so precious at the same time.

Each time I learn a beautiful word

It feels like I might start hating myself.

But there may be words that I mustn't overturn my back on.

Sadness is cold.

"Thank you" is colored in warmth.

Each time I encounter something intangible,

I hear your voice echoing deep inside my heart.

I'm living my life. I'm never giving up.

But I have to give up because this is not the world I have to live in.

It seems that I have to leave...

You are just a voice that lingers deep within my soul.

Slowly eating away at me, altering all reality," I once again mumble into myself.

I muttered, then lifted up my face and tried again to smile. "Just how weak I am into this person? Maybe it's because of this person that I have to forget everything. Why am I doing this? Ah, I know, because it's my weakness," I muttered, then lifted up my face and tried again to smile. Then I start to slowly vanish from this unknown place as well as my memories. What a sad way for my life to end! /As the seconds ticked away, I felt myself becoming less and less present in the world around me. The weight of my forgotten memories pressed down on me, overwhelming me with a profound sense of sadness. I wondered if this was how it felt to truly lose oneself - to dissolve into nothingness, leaving behind only questions and shattered fragments of who I once was. It was a bitter irony that my weakness had led me to this tragic conclusion, destined to fade away into obscurity.

 It was a bitter irony that my weakness had led me to this tragic conclusion, destined to fade away into obscurity