Ch. 14 Disappearance

Elizabeth's POV

The Kingdom of Lions was attacked by the 10 Commandments. My eyes widened to see that the six were still alive. I don't know what happened, but we need to rush to the Kingdom, so I went outside the boar hat and ordered the mom of Hawk to head towards Liones, then she started to lift up and run straight to Liones. I was there with Lord Zaratras and Hawk-chan. Suddenly, Dirrieri showed up out of nowhere. "You... what the hell are you doing here?!" She shouted to me. "I think you have me mistaken... for someone else," I questioned despite being afraid of her. "Yeah, but I'm talking to the one who is inside you!" She shouted with an excited tone. "Who is it?" I asked. "A goddess that's watching over (Y/n)," she replied to me. I was shocked from the moment I heard the answer. While she was attacking me, someone punched her stomach so hard that she flew away. It was Meliodas-sama. "Well, well, well, I finally wake up from my beauty sleep, and this is what I get. I don't even want to know what this dump pig swallowed this time. Anyway, I'm sorry for making you worry, Elizabeth," Meliodas said joyfully as he carried me into his arms, and my eyes brought up to tears. "No, it's fine... I know that you will come back no matter what," I said. "Meliodas-sama, you should not be treating me like this. I suppose that someone is waiting for you to come back in her life," I said while getting off into his arms and settling my foot to the back of Hawk-chans' mom. "What do you mean? "he asked me. "It's a long story, but we should save the Kingdom of Liones and Father," I said, wiping away my tears. "By the way, how's (Y/N)?" I asked him. "Huh? Who is (Y/N)?" He asked.

Meliodas POV
I gripped my chest tightly as a sudden pang of pain ripped through me as I heard the name of (Y/N). Elizabeth questioned me, "What do you mean, Meliodas-sama?" in a confused tone. "Well, it's the first time I heard that name, but why does it resonate so strongly within me?" I replied, struggling to find the right words. Memories flooded my mind—fragments of a past that I couldn't fully grasp. "I don't know who (Y/N) is, but something about that name feels familiar, like a missing piece of a puzzle." Elizabeth's eyes widened with concern as she realized the depth of my confusion. "Meliodas-sama, we will figure this out together," she reassured me, her voice filled with determination. And with her unwavering support, I knew that whatever connection I had with (Y/N) would soon become clear.

"Anyway, Meliodas-sama, we placed (Y/n) beside you since both of you lost consciousness a week ago." Elizabeth stated, "Well, there's another bed beside me, but (Y/n) wasn't there," I said in confusion. "Wait, but I distinctly remember seeing her there," Elizabeth replied, growing increasingly confused. "Where could she have gone?" I pondered for a moment before a sense of worry crossed my face. "Could she have been taken while I was unconscious and the others were distracted?" I whispered as I felt concern for her.

Meliodas POV

I couldn't shake off the nagging feeling that something sinister was at play. As I replayed the events in my mind, a knot formed in my stomach. How did we not notice the disappearance of (Y/n) sooner? I cursed myself for letting my guard down and for not being more vigilant. But now, there was no time for self-blame. We had to find her, no matter the cost. I clenched my fists, determination fueling my every step. The fate of our mission, and perhaps even our lives, depended on finding her. "Who are you (Y/n) and Where could you be?" I muttered. I racked my brain, trying to piece together the events leading up to her disappearance.

Elizabeth's POV

My mind traveled back to when I was a baby, when I was swapped. I am the Princess of the Kingdom of Camelot, but how come I didn't know that (nickname) is the Princess of Liones? Perhaps I will pay her a visit next time. So it was (nickname) who should have been looking after Meliodas-sama, not me. I despise it, but I have to accept the truth and reality. I need to keep a safe distance from him. But I should tell him the truth now. It's time to confess. Meliodas-sama deserves to know the truth about our identities. As difficult as it may be, I must gather the courage to reveal the twisted twist of fate that brought us together. It is only fair that he understands the gravity of our situation and the tangled web of destinies we find ourselves in. No matter the consequences, the truth must be told now.

"You know, Meliodas-sama, you may find it hard to believe, but I saw your past and what you did. You've always been watching over me, protecting me, but that wasn't supposed to be me. It should be the Princess of Camelot," I stated as Meliodas-sama's eye brow twitched, and I know that he didn't get it at all from what I said. He looked at me with confusion, his eyes searching for clarity. 

----To be Continued----