Ch. 24 Unity

Elizabeth's POV

"There must be a connection to that story," Merlin replied, puzzled. "I heard the same story from a village not far from here." King said, "I think it was called *Hogo sa reta*, which means (protected)." Ban stated confidently, "Well, you guys have to find (Y/N) immediately." Nerobasta remarked calmly. "Well, then, let's go and see if there's a clue to find (Y/N)," I replied. "We're not done yet, you goddess," Zeldris muttered devilishly, but the goddesses merely chuckled at us as she vanished. 

Meliodas POV

Zeldris approached me and said, "Now we have to team up to find (Y/N). Well, I don't mind as long as I see her again," while beaming. "Okay, deal," I answered as we clasped our hands together. After an hour's journey, we finally arrived at the village called Hogo sa Reta. I felt an overwhelming amount of energy. We searched for their chief and eventually discovered him by asking questions of the residents.

"Yo, chief, we are here to look for the great tomb, which is the one you called a witch and had been living in," I remarked with a kind voice. "Atlas," sighed the chief. "What's the problem, old man?" Zeldris said coldly. "Well, a lot of young people like you have been coming lately; hopefully you guys will be the last ones to come." The chief replied with a quiet voice as he continued, "Okay, then follow me; I'll lead you to where it was."

(They kept talking while walking.) "Chief, what do you think about the one living down there? Is she really a witch?" Diane said. "Well, I feel comfortable with you youngsters, so I'll tell you the truth. She was a great beauty that no one can even compare," the chief stated. "Then why did you tell us that she's a witch?" King asked.

"I called her a witch because her tomb of entrance, or we called it 'Ancient Gate', was so tightly closed that no one could enter, not even us protectors, and it would lessen the princes that were coming to see her," the Chief replied. "Here we are," as he continued. We look up into the gate; it was huge; there were many carvings; the gate was made of stone, which is vulnerable to breaking; and lastly, there were really many ancient histories carved into it. The Chief pointed out that the Ancient Gate had been sealed shut for centuries, leading people to believe that the witch's powers had somehow kept it from being opened. He explained that the gate's size and intricate carvings were a testament to the witch's importance and the rich history surrounding her. The vulnerability of the stoned gate only added to the mystery, as it hinted at the power the witch possessed to protect her tomb from any potential intruders.

 The vulnerability of the stoned gate only added to the mystery, as it hinted at the power the witch possessed to protect her tomb from any potential intruders

Merlin's POV

The gate was rather decades old, but gladly I can read it. "Hey Merlin, can you read it?" the captain bluntly inquired. So, angry, I hit him. "Well, Captain, I can read it," I complained angrily. I moved closer to the gate and began reading. I put my palm inside and closed my eyes to feel the carvings, which resembled an inscription. As I traced my fingers along the intricate carvings, a surge of energy coursed through me. The words etched into the metal seemed to come alive, whispering ancient secrets and invoking a sense of awe. The power emanating from the gate was palpable, confirming the legends of the witch's formidable abilities. It was clear that breaching this barrier would require more than just strength and cunning; it would demand an understanding of magic itself.