The Martial Arts Tournament

[ Andrew's POV ]

Today's the day of the Martial Arts Tournament and I'm ready but also I'm kind of uneasy about something but I couldn't put my finger on it but I pushed it to the back of my mind so I could get ready.

I was in my room getting ready for the tournament, I just put on my karate bottoms getting ready to put on my karate top when I heard a knock on my door so I told them to come in, it was mom and Kim, I looked at them and smiled as I put on my top then I said.

Andrew: So, is the rest of the gang meeting us there?

I asked Kim I could see she was still in her own world, something must be up for the past 2 days Kim and the rest has been on edge about something like they couldn't find something but I pushed that out of my mind as she spoke.

Kimberly: Yeah, after all Jason is the top of his weight class just like you, Trini is bringing her sister, Billy is entered in the ameuters bout, and Zach is gonna be there to cheer you two on.

Mother was next to speak.

Mom: And I'll be there for moral support just like all of you tournaments.

She said with a genuine yet humble smile, I know it worries her that I do this and now I know why she is but I never told her I know yet cause I'm afraid she would move us somewhere else.

After she said that she left to give me and Kim some privacy, when the door closed I looked to Kim who I could see was looking at the ground and her face flushed, I was worried about her so I grabbed her and held her close her head on my chest then I asked.

Andrew: What's wrong Kim? You and the others have been worried about something?

She sighed heavily then spoke while still having her head on my chest.

Kimberly: Well we still have no luck finding the Dire Wolf Morpher, it's wearing on us, and day before yesterday we had a confortation with Rita.......

I could tell she was hesitant to tell me the rest so I pulled her away a little and raised her chin with my finger so we could look in eachothers eyes, dang she has such beautiful eyes, then I spoke.

Andrew: What happened, I know you and the others don't want to involve me, but please tell me I might be able to help in some way.

When I said that she spoke with a defeated tone.

Kimberly: She said, once she found the Morpher she is going to corrupt it with her magic then force you to wear it to turn you to her side then make you destroy us.

When she said that she started to cry so I pulled her back to my chest and said.

Andrew: It's ok Kim, I swear not even the most powerful magic would make me want to destroy my friends.

After I said that I made her look at me I kissed her lips after I did that I said in a compassionate way.

Andrew: Or destroy the girl I love.

Her eyes went wide, it was the first time I said that, to anyone to be honest I just smiled at her after a moment she regained her composure and a smile grew on her face then she said.

Kimberly: I love you too, I wanted to tell you that for a long time.

After that we made our way downstairs then  mom drove us to Erine's me and Kim sat in the back holding eachother every now and then mom would look through the rearview mirror and just smile at seeing me happy.

We made it to Erine's and it was packed with different attendees me and Kim looked around until we saw our friends I turned to mom she nodded to us and told us to go.

==============================

The tournament has been going on for about an hour Jason retained his championship in his weight class and Billy won the ameuters bouts to be their champion, to say I was proud of him would be an understatement after all I taught him, in my weight class it came to 4 of us me against someone named McNight or something like that, we bowed to eachother as the referee started the match.

We started to circle eachother trying to size eachother up, I glanced over to my friends, they were all in my corner cheering me on, I glanced over to mom see was sitting with Erine she to was cheering me on, I re-focused on the match McNight made is first move, he lunged at me I fluidly dodged his attack and got in My signature wolf stance, he threw multiple kicks which I dodged when he saw that wasn't working he began to try hand to hand, bad move on his part when he tried to land the first strike I parried it and went on the offensive first I used my wolf fist style were I landed multiple strikes to his abdomen he backs away holding his ribs but I didn't give him time I ran at him and jumped in the air and side kicked him in the head knocking him out.

It was silent for a moment then the center then it erupted into cheers, I made my way over to my opponent and helped him up then I said.

Andrew: You fought with honor, it was a pleasure to fight you.

I extended my hand he looked at it then accepted it while saying.

McNight: The pleasure is all mine, it was an honor to face you Andrew, you are well known in the Martial Arts community.

We bowed to eachother as I made my way over to my friends to watch the next bout, I sat next to Kim putting my arm around her waist as Trini, Zach, Billy and Jason congratulates me.

As soon as the next bout was about to begin my attention was focused on the boy in green, for some reason I was drawn toward him, but in a weary way like something was telling me to be careful around him.

[ 3rd Person POV ]

As the Rangers and Andrew was watching the bout, outside looking in the window was Goldar and Rita, they were watching Andrew hoping he would find the Morpher so they can grab both him and it in one fell swoop, then Goldar spoke.

Goldar: Mistress, do you think he will find it?

Rita looks to him and with a smile she said.

Rita: I do my loyal warrior, cause he is connected to it, it's his birth right to weild that power.

Then she turns back to look at Andrew, she sees so much of Zandor in him she smiles fondly at him remembering a simpler time, but she can also see some of her in him which she could use to turn him.

She then turned to look at the : oy in green, she to was drawn to him but more of a tool than a potental ally, she puts her hand up to her chin like she was thinking Goldar saw that then asked.

Goldar: What's wrong Mistress?

She looks back to Goldar then said with a sly smile.

Rita: That boy in green he has potential.

Nothing more has to be said Goldar just nods while they both look on as the boy in green wins, the ref announces him the winner they said his name was Tommy, Ritas smile grew then said.

Rita: Tommy huh, well Tommy soon you will live up to your potential.

( To Be Continued)