One last Game

The two United players left to go to the changing rooms and the others are walking around the pitch and talking. Alexia pulled Lucy aside to talk to her.

Alexia: what was that between you and y/n?
Lucy: what do you mean?
Alexia: I'm not dumb Lucía.

How Alexia called her she now knows it's serious.

Lucy: we had a few heated games against each other and maybe i did a few tackles that were not necessary and maybe for that I've got some yellow or red card's. Than there began to be this rivalry hate tension, but she is not so innocent either. She also did some fucked up things. Long story short we're not on good terms, and I don't think it will change.

Alexia just looked at her with an eyebrow raised.

Alexia: why do you think it's not gonna change?
Luce: I don't need it to change I don't care about it or her.
Alexia: well, you two will be playing your first game together in a month so you better get a solution for it.
Lucy: I'm not gonna promise anything, the only thing I can say is that I'm only dealing with her if it's good for the team.
Alexia: that's a beginning.

As the two teams started to walk out of the tunnel the man united captain, y/n was missing. Everyone lined up at the middle circle from the pitch where a frame stands with
Y/ns shirt in it. The manager and Zelem were standing besides it. Zelem had flowers in her hands.

Suddenly everyone applauded when y/n walked out of the tunnel, she took it all in and tries not to cry while this sad feeling overcomes her with some proudness. Zelem greeted her with a long strong hug and handed over the flowers. The manager handed y/n the mic to say some words.

Y/n: oh my, hey guys.

The whole stadium(sold out Wembley) screams.

Y/n: alright, I think I have to say some words now... I'm so thankful for the three years I've spent here with all of you. England is something special, you people welcomed me like I already was a part of you. You supported us, me through thick and thin which is amazing of you. The titles we won and maybe lost but that made the wins even better. I hope you guys will get even more trophies when I'm not here anymore cause as you know after this game it's time to open a new chapter for me. I will miss this Club, the fans, the competition, the team and of course my friends here. It was a great time but you may know this phrase "not everything lasts forever" because I'm going home, to my childhood club. I hope I will never have to play against you because your family.

A tear starts rolling down y/ns face while the whole stadium applauds and screams.

Y/n: but I have some last words to say.
Let's win this game, win the cup and once a red devil always a red devil, Te quiero!

With that the game starts to begin.

City with the first kick in the game, they play back to the defense and try to control the start. As it seems Russo and the captain y/n Zárgo don't rush forward to the ball. United are positioning themselves higher at every pass from city. The game seems to be very slowly because United doesn't attack and city wants to play save. City dares now to play a long pass to the ovens mid and now the game starts to get some speed. United's midfield is now pressing towards the ball, Toone got the ball quickly and passed it safely to Battle. A few minutes passes by but as it seems United has the game not so controlled like they wanted to.

In the 20th minute of the game fell the first goal, an absolute stunning shot from city's striker Raso. The rest of the first halve was really even, United and city both had good chances but the keepers had a great day.
0:1 we're on the score board, not what united were fighting for. The two team's headed to the lockers of their team.

Marc: alright girls, you know that we're not happy with the game. We don't make the next step on the field, why do not play that passion I saw on you the whole season. Remember what you've told me at the beginning of the seasons?

Y/n: we will play with our hearts and put everything in the 90 minutes that we have.

Marc: I know that you guys are playing with your hearts and I will never doubt that. But I can tell that you guys don't put everything in the game. That's why it stands 0:1, I have only one request, score just one fucking goal more than City. I don't care who, how or if it's beautiful, just one more goal than them alright?!

Team: yes!
Y/n: now let's bring that baby home. Once a Devil!
Team: always a devil.

The teams coming out of the tunnel again.

Zelem: I will miss u captain.
Y/n: I will too but at least I know the team is in good hands.
Zelem: you can count on me.

The second half starts and United directly starts to play offensive.
Ona got the ball from Zelem and is now out on the wing passing the the City's defense. She looks up and sees Zárgo running towards the box. Battle trusts y/n and kicks the ball to the penalty box and there she is, with the first touch, she placed it right into the top left corner. There it is, the tie from y/n Zárgo, the last dance of the captain may have now started to go the right way.

There are still 36 minutes to play, but as it seems city doesn't like what happened. They start to play aggressive and even got two yellows and gave away some free kicks.
90 minutes are now over, 3 minutes added, it's the last minute of extra time and united is attacking.

Y/n Zárgo is now running towards the box alone, it's 1v1 against Roebuck. Suddenly there is total silence in the stadium not a single sound just the whistle from the ref.

There she lays on the ground, with her hands around her ankle. The ref runs to Greenwood and shows her the red Card. Now the whole United team starts to run to y/n and Greenwood. Things starts to get heated and city is also not letting go.

Y/n stands up with help from Russo and Battle, with tears in her eyes she stands there cause of the pain in her left ankle.

Y/n: guys we have a no time for that shit, pull it together.

The United players are backing off, the City's players do too. Greenwood is leaving the field and the ref points to the Penalty Spot. Finally there are noises from the fans and the silence had ended.

Ref: are you alright?
Y/n: how long do we have to go?
Ref: how long do we have?
Assistant: only the penalty and some seconds but not more than 30 seconds.
Ref: only the penalty.
Y/n: I'm good.
Ref: you sure?
Y/n: yes.

Everybody starts to line up, Zelem hands the ball over to y/n and she limped over to the penalty spot.

Y/n: it's now or never y/n, you've got this. Just one kick and we win.

She takes a deep breath in, places the ball on the spot, takes three steps back.
The United fans start to clap, each clap got faster.
Y/n puts her finger in front of her lips and the whole stadium got silent.
The ref blew the whistle, y/n comes towards the ball and there it is the shot.