Thick tension

The game was going well for Gotham, they already lead 1:2 in the first half and made it 1:3 in the second. Y/n and Lucy are standing now on the field and wait for Kelley.

Kelley: Miniiii!!

Kelley came running towards y/n and they gave each other a good hug.

Y/n: you played really good today.
Kelley: thanks, you are not bad yourself. Saw some of your last games, you were stunning.
Y/n: well you know how I am.
Kelley: I know a lot about you.

The defender winked at y/n and she just rolled her eyes with a smile.

Kelley: are you going to the party from, Al?
Y/n: probably, she invited me earlier.
Kelley: will you bring some friends or a new girlfriend.

By that sentence she turned her head to Lucy who already was looking at Y/n. Was she jealous?

Y/n: just friends, I don't have a girlfriend.
Kelley: to bad, the people are missing out on something good.
Y/n: and that would be what?
Kelley: many things Zargo, especially the private ones.

Kelley couldn't stop teasing her ex, there was a big cocky grin on her dace with a quick wink. The players started to leave the field so Kelley said goodbye and disappeared. Y/n turned around to Lucy who still had her eyes on the striker with crossed arms.

Y/n: what?

Lucy just shrug and gave a quick answer.

Lucy: nothing.
Y/n: cmon I know something is going on in that little mind of yours.
Lucy: don't worry it's nothing.
Y/n: Lucia?

The defender doesn't answer and turned her head into another direction to not look into these Ocean eyes. The eyes where she felt comfort, not judged and every time she looks into them she is falling more and more.

Y/n: talk to me, I know something is bothering you.

Y/n stepped closer to Lucy and moved the English women's body into her direction so that she had to look at her.

Y/n: cmon.

The defender got lost in the strikers eyes again and had to take a deep breath to get out of her trance.

Lucy: I just don't understand why you are flirting with your ex.

Now there was a smile with a slight chuckle forming on the Spanish woman's face.

Y/n: are you jealous?
Lucy: No, how can I be jealous. You're not even my girlfriend.
Y/n: right.

Y/ns smile dropped as Lucy said that, she remembered that Lucy and her were only friends. Now there was thick air between the two of them, the car ride back to the villa was quiet, an awkward silence none of them wanted to break.

__________________

Y/n: Hermana.
Ale: Si?

Y/n came down in her outfit to ask if it looks okay.

Y/n: what you think?
Ale: you look good, trying to impress someone?
Y/n: always.

The younger sister winked while Ale rolled her eyes.
Some time had passed by while eating ready for the party. The Barca women were making their way to The villa Alex send the address for.

As soon as they entered the Villa they were met with the party mood and sounds of the party. The group split up, chatting with some old teammates/rivals, getting a drink or dancing.

Y/n went over to Alex, Kelley and some other friends.

Alex: Omg y/n you're here!

The US captain hugged her really tightly.

Y/n: yeah, your party's are always good so I hope the same goes for this.
Alex: always.

The Barca player greeted the others and the last one to say hello to us Kelley.
They shared a long and comfortable hug.

Y/n: hey.
Kelley: hey, you look stunning.
Y/n: thanks but look at yourself.

They got apart and started a conversation.

Y/n: today you were awesome on the field.
Kelley: I know.
Y/n: omg stop that, you haven't changed a bit.
Kelley: well you always liked it.
Y/n: ouch true.

The two of them separated from the group and sat down on some chill chairs.

Kelley: so what have you been up to lately?
Y/n: just training, games and hanging out with the team.
Kelley: No ice cream?
Y/n: going out for ice cream too, what about you?
Kelley: same but also preparing for the national break, your going to national break too?
Y/n: I don't think so, me, Alexia, Maria and some other players resigned cause we need some changes.
Kelley: I hope it's getting solved, even though it would be good for the US.

The defender winked at which y/n laughed and rolled her eyes.

——
Alexia: Lucy?
Lucy: yeah.
Alexia: stop looking at her and enjoy the party.
Lucy: what?

The defender knew exactly what Alexia meant but played dumb.

Alexia: stop starring at my sister Lucy.
Lucy: I'm not.
Alexia: yes you were, she is just talking to her.
Lucy: and?, can't I look outside or what.
Alexia: whatever, get a drink and have fun.
Lucy: Ale?
Alexia: yes?
Lucy: it looks like they like each other doesn't it?
Alexia: maybe there is still something between them but not enough for them to get back together.

Of course Alexia knew that her sister has feelings for the English defender but she couldn't say it to her. Plus it was fun to see jealous Lucy.

———

Kelley: do you want to dance?
Y/n: I still owe you one don't I?
Kelley: technically yes.
Y/n: but first I need another drink.

The two athletes got up to the bar and took two shots, than started to dance in the crowd.

The two bodies were very near to each other, then Kelley slipped her hands around y/ns waist and pulled her closer.
Kelley's perfume hit y/n and she became flashbacks of them two.

Hey guys thanks for the patience, I couldn't write anything cause in the last 8 days I've had three games and some exams. But tomorrow is coming another chapter hope you enjoy this one till tomorrow