.Chapter 34.

Alice's Point Of View

Aiden picked up the auxiliary cord and went to grab my phone. He glanced up at me with a slight smile and chuckled. I sighed when he dangled the cord around and told me that we forgot my phone. I gazed around and did a u turn in the road. I turned it to 107.7 on the radio and Aiden groaned at the new songs.

"What's up with these new songs?" Aiden put his face against the glass.

"What do you mean?" I took a left turn.

"Like they're mostly all electronic music. Do you understand what I'm saying?" He glanced over at me.

"Yeah, but I think it sounds neat. Do you not like it?" I adjusted my sun glasses.

"I'm not a big fan of it. Hey, we're here," Aiden removed his seat belt.

"Way to point out the obvious, pal," I rolled my eyes. "Why don't you stay in here. I'll be in and out," I suggested.

"Fine, I guess," Aiden huffed.

I nodded and laughed at his childish behavior. I jogged up to the door and knocked on it three times. The door was swung open by Michael and I walked around him. I noticed him trying to cover something up, so I gave him a skeptical look and moved him to the side. Placing a hand over my mouth, I stepped backwards and gasped. Skylar Evans.

"Wow, you must be pretty desperate," I laughed.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Skylar gasped.

"How are you not mad? Does this not hurt you?" Michael asked with a hurt expression.

"We weren't together anyways, Michael. If I'm not mistaking, you were probably talking to her while we were talking. Am I right?" I asked with my arms out.

"He gave me his number when we seen each other at that movie place. Right, Michael? Don't you remember?" Skylar smiled at him.

"Is she being serious?" I laughed.

Michael looked around the room and I seen him bounce on his heels. Evelyn came around and looked in between Michael and I. Skylar looked at Michael with an upset face and looked down. Michael's eyes shined into my own and stepped forward. I put my hand up and stepped backwards.

"I came here for my phone. I didn't come here to hear your stupid excuses, Michael," I looked around for my phone.

I began to gazed around the room. I felt a hand on my shoulder and Evelyn have a small smile on her face. I thanked her and grasped my phone. I laughed at the small cheese spot on her chin and swept it off with my forefinger. Evelyn hid her face in her hands and laughed really loud. I chuckled and told her bye. I walked up to Michael and Skylar and gave them a sweet yet sour smile.

"I hope you two have a great life. Michael this will probably be the last time you will see me. I'm hoping it's the last time I see you. Seeing you Michael is like holding a cactus. The longer and harder I hold onto you, the more it hurts," My voice cracked at the end.

Michael's eyes were glassy and I held my head up high and walked past Michael. As I walked to Aiden I smiled at the ground and had a hop in my step a little. I don't need Michael. I don't need anyone. I have Evelyn and the boys. I opened the car door and let Aiden pick the song. I feel free, so free. I don't have to worry about a relationship anymore. I get a fresh start now. A new start. A new life.

_______________

Hey,

     I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. The next chapter is the last! I hope you enjoyed this book you readers. Please stay tune for the sequel. I love you guys, so much!

Love,

     Mackenzie