Mind Change, Feelings Stay [15]

Benjamin Lasnier

"I think I might head out," I told Noel. "I'm having a really bad headache."

"You're not going to the after party?" Noel asked, disappointed knowing how much he wants everybody to go.

"Sorry, I'm just not feeling well," I lied. Noel sighed and eventually let me leave with one of the drivers.

Right as I got into the car, tears just continued to flow down my cheeks, silently whimpering since I didn't want the driver to know I am crying. I hid myself with my jacket as I went inside my hotel room, not wanting any other attention like last time.

As I reached the dimly lit hotel room, my phone started ringing. Without looking at the caller, I answered while trying to turn the lights on.

"Benjamin? It's Carli," a feminine voice responded.

I let out a chuckle. "I can't believe, Carli Davidson is calling me."

Carli Davidson was a new friend of mine that I met a few weeks back before agreeing to this tour with Jasmine. She lives all the way in France and she became our personal tour guide while the guys and I visited France. Until now, we still communicate frequently.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She asked as she let out a few laughs. "I have news."

"What is that news?"

"I have been accepted for a scholarship at NYU and I was offered and internship for a fashion magazine in New York!" Carli delivered excitedly.

"Wow, really?"

Carli has been wanting to go to New York to study and wants to know more about fashion in the U.S. I remember her applying to a college major where she can go from France, to New York, and Japan. I remembered how excited she was while reading how the program works.

"I can't believe I'm here in New York!" She exclaimed. "And work at a well-known fashion magazine? That's a huge plus!"

"That's great! That means I can see you here. I'm at New York right now," I informed her.

"I know, I've been reading all about it in this article I found online," she giggled. "How is it?"

"I haven't really explored it, but it looks amazing," I replied. "Maybe we can catch up while looking at landmarks?" I suggested

"I'll try to fit you. I'm having a pretty tight schedule here," she answered honestly. "I have like one day off."

"Sure," I answered excitedly. "See you then?"

"Of course."

~*~

I was just relaxing by the small patio when my phone started ringing again. The screen flashed 'Noel'.

"Hello?" I could barely hear from the loud noise from the receiver. "Noel, I can't hear you."

"Benjamin, will you do me a quick favor," Noel sounded worried, "will you check if Jasmine's in her hotel room?"

"Why?" I asked.

"She's not in the club. And I don't remember her leaving. Maybe she went back?" He guessed.

Sighing, I grabbed the extra hotel card and tried unlocking Jasmine's hotel room, which was across from mine. I was welcomed be darkness.

"She's not here," I answered, getting a little panicked.

"Oh, God," Noel replied. "Do you know where she could be?"

I shuffled back to my hotel room to grab my car rental keys. "Have you tried calling her."