Drunk in Kisses [17]

Benjamin Lasnier

We walked side-by-side as the vivid lights turned on all around New York. It was silent, but it was definitely not uncomfortable at all. We just stayed together, not speaking a word and just admired the city.

I was shocked to say the least when Jasmine wanted to stay with me, well that's what I was hoping she was thinking. Not everyday you can see Jasmine wanting to spend some time.

It must have been Carli. She must have told Jasmine something. The way Jasmine is acting as of right now scares me, but at the same time I'm not complaining. The fact that I can spend time with her without accusation and cold glares gives me a good mood.

I watched as Jasmine stared at billboard signs, at heavy traffic, taxi cabs, and even observing people as we pass by them. It was something that sparked interest in Jasmine. She loves to judge people by their looks and try to figure out their story, how they became the person they are as of right now.

"Oomph," I let out as I accidentally hit a light post.

A small laugh came out of Jasmine's lips. No one was staring except for her. I felt heat spreading against my neck as I watched Jasmine hold her mouth to suppress her laughter. I couldn't help but laugh with her.

"Are you okay?" Jasmine asked, a smile still on her face.,

"I'm fine, thank you," I replied as I scratched the back of my head. I looked behind her. "Do you want some coffee?" I asked, pointing to the Starbucks café behind her.

Jasmine looked back before looking at me, a small smile on her face. "Sure."

Grabbing regular coffee, we went back and walked, and walked, without talking. Just walking. I took a peek of Jasmine at times where I see her watching something. Like a dog walking, for example, or even a choir singing.

"Are you tired?" I asked.

"A little bit," she answered hesitantly. She spotted a bench and sat down. Following, I sat next to her with a distance.

"Aren't your feet hurting?" I asked curiously. "You've been walking with those heels for a long time."

Jasmine looked down at her feet, removing her heels. It was red, and it surprised me how she still handled it since she has been using it since this morning.

"I didn't notice," Jasmine laughed. "I think too much that I didn't even notice the pain."

We sat in silence and just watched the people walking through the streets. Some were yelling, some were alone, some were holding hands as they walked the busy streets.

A few minutes after, I felt Jasmine scoot closer and wrapped her hand in mine. I looked at her immediately, my eyebrows raised. It looked like she didn't care about what she did, she just intertwined our fingers and rested her head against my shoulder.

"Don't say anything," she said. "I just want to feel. I haven't been feeling anything lately." She looked up at me, her eyes looking tired. "Stay with me, please," she pleaded softly.

"I promise," I said. Grabbing her neck with my free hand, I softly kissed her lips, tasting the coffee we finished a few minutes later.

Our lips were in sync, our lips staying together. It was simple, yet full of passion and feelings. I deepened the kiss, wondering how it tasted since it has been a long time since I kissed her like this.

Parting, I looked at her and rested my forehead against mine. She rested her head on my shoulder again, and I could feel my heart beating faster and faster. In an instant, I want to believe she loves me still. That kiss, that kiss was everything. She still had the power to take me under. Whatever she does, I still can't get enough of her.