What Love is [16]

Jasmine C.

A knock was heard after I hopped off the shower. Quickly wrapping the towel around me, I strode to the door and made sure my body was covered. Benjamin leaned against the door frame as I opened the door, his eyes traveling down from my wet hair to my bare feet. I held the towel tighter, this morning events still replaying in my head.

Swallowing, I put on a cold face. "May I help you?"

Benjamin looked up at me and licked his lips. "Carli's asking if you would want to go and have coffee with us tomorrow morning," he explained.

"Of course," I nodded my head. We just stared at each other. I felt awkward, knowing A towel is hanging on me and my hair is dripping water. "Is that all?" I asked, not wanting to look at him.

"Yeah," he answered quietly. "I'll, uh, see you tomorrow." Benjamin nodded before turning around and headed to his room.

Taking a deep breath, I called Benjamin's name, making him turn. "What happened last night? I really don't remember anything," I asked. "Why- how did we end up doing it in your room?"

My cheeks were red, asking him an uncomfortable question. It's not everyday you ask somebody how they had sex without remembering. Benjamin just looked at me, sadness written all over his face.

Finally he took a breath and said, "Nothing," before opening the door and leaving me unanswered.

~*~

The television was on, but I was barely paying attention to it. I was exhausted, my mind was running, not to mention my legs still hurts from last night's events. And Carli.

Is she Benjamin's new girl? My heart weighed heavier. I don't remember Benjamin talking on the phone with a girl. But then again, I was never around him.

What scared me was how I ended up in Benjamin's bed naked. What even happened last night? All I remembered was downing a few drinks, giving the bartender an extra tip since I was underaged. Everything was just a blur after. I don't remember doing it with Benjamin, whatsoever.

My mind started hurting as I grabbed a glass of water from the little kitchenette. It's already past ten yet I still can't sleep, trying to remember what happened last night.

Facing the big window, I could see New York. I could see the houses, the skyscrapers, the people walking, the cars driving the busy streets. I could see the brightly lit signs that never turns off until daylight is shown. New York, the city that never sleeps.

My phone started ringing, Ariana's face and name showing up in the screen. Sighing, I hesitated about telling her what was happening. How I ended up in Benjamin's bed. Gosh, she doesn't even know about how we slept in New Years.

Taking a deep breath, I pressed the ear on my phone and awaited to hear Ariana's voice.

"Happy early Valentine's, Jasmine!" She said excitedly. I chuckled.

"Happy early Valentine's to you, too, " I smiled back. "It's still ten here."

"I know, I just wanted to greet you since I know you don't have a date," Ariana giggled.

"Speaking of dates, how are you and Tobias?" I asked, realizing I haven't really asked about them when I wasn't around.

"There's a fair we're going for Valentine's, then we're gonna get some coffee, then just stay the night at Tobias's. We wanted to feel as comfortable as possible for Valentine's Day," she told me her plans.

"Are you guys going to..." I trailed off, "you know..."

Ariana gasped. "Jasmine!" A small giggle escaped my lips.