Stop My Heart [18]

Jasmine C.

I woke up with a bad headache, hissing as I sat up and rubbed my temples. The sun rays were making it worse, making me blind as I tried to get up.

"Jasmine," a familiar voice said, making me lie back down.

"Close the blinds, please," I told the stranger, covering my eyes with my hand. As the room went darker, I looked to see Benjamin in front of me. I furrowed my brows. "What are you doing here?" I looked down, sighing as I saw I was in my clothes.

"Don't worry, nothing happened," Benjamin clenched his jaw. "Here," he offered some pain reliever and water. Gladly accepting it, I drank the medicine to hopefully stop the endless pain in my head.

I looked back up at Benjamin. "What are you doing here?" I asked him again.

Benjamin sighed. "I saw you passed out on the floor," he gritted his teeth. I felt my cheeks heat as I looked down on his stare. "Jasmine, what were you thinking?"

"I was supposed to take one glass," I defended, then looked away from his stare. "Then I ended up drinking the whole bottle, then two, then three..."

I heard Benjamin sigh and ran his hands through his face, lines forming on his forehead. "I promised your parents- Jovial, to take care of you," Benjamin said. "What will they think when they found out you were drinking?"

"Benjamin, it's a one time thing-"

"Noel said this happened before," Benjamin looked at me sternly. I looked away from him, shy that I lied. "Jasmine, what's happening to you?"

Water started to fill my eyes. "I was stressed out," I answered honestly. "I didn't want to feel."

"What are you talking about?" Benjamin asked.

"I didn't want to feel my heart beating, I didn't want to think, so I drank," I cried. Benjamin kneeled down in front of me and grabbed my hands. I closed my eyes, not wanting to see the disappointment from Benjamin's eyes. "I didn't want to think of anything that involves you," I sobbed.

Benjamin rested his head on both of our hands. "Jasmine," I felt him kiss my hands. "Oh, god." He looked up at me again, opening his mouth, then shutting it back not knowing what to say.

"I thought I lost you," he said, kissing my hands as he closed his eyes.

He looked up again, leaning to my lips as he kissed me softly, tightening his grip on my hands. He pulled away as she removed my tears. "I thought I lost you for good."

We both looked at each other, not knowing what to say. Benjamin stood up and kissed my forehead before suddenly leaving the room. I looked down on my hands and sobbed some more. I clutched the pillow next to me as if my life depended on it.

The door finally opened I opened my eyes. "Benjamin?"

"Hey," it wasn't Benjamin, but it was familiar. The bed dipped, sitting next to me on the bed. He wiped away my tears. Finally, I can see clearly that it wasn't Benjamin, it was Ben.

"Ben?"

A small smile was on his face. "What have you been doing to yourself?" He asked.

I looked down shyly. "I don't know," I answered honestly.

I looked up and looked around the room, only finding Noel and Benjamin. "Where's Benjamin?" I asked.

Ben sighed. "He's calling somebody."

"Who?"

Ben looked at Noel nervously. He looked back at me and gave me a small smile. "Why don't we go around New York for a little while, get some brunch?" He asked.