Extras [5]

Benjamin

Laying down on my stomach and my chin prepped on the back of my hand, I watched as Jasmine stood in front of the mirror, a curious look on her face as she rubbed her belly. It has been a month and the bump has increased, but not much. A small smile made its way on my face as I silently thought about our future children. The gender was yet to be determined and so we still have not yet decided to decorate their rooms.

Jasmine then turned to look at me, a frown etched on her face. "Hey," she started, "I have a question."

I tilted my head to the side, letting her continue. "I'm pregnant right?"

A small chuckle escaped my lips. "I assume, seeming that I can see that bump," I replied cautiously.

Jasmine glared at me, not appreciating my sarcasm. Ever since her announce of her pregnancy to the public, many of our celebrity friends have suddenly given me advice about handling a pregnant wife. One of them was choosing my words carefully as their hormones are out of control and are starting to get short tempered. I didn't listen to them at first but when I sarcastically answered Jasmine one day, resulting her crying for hours, I learned my lesson.

"That wasn't my question," she crossed her arms. She sighed, then looking back at the mirror as she stood in her night gown while rubbing her belly. She looked at me again through the mirror. "Will you still love me if, you know, I get... fatter?"

I furrowed my brows. "Are you self-conscious of your figure right now?"

I silently regretted what I said when I saw tears pooling on her eyes. "I don't know," she tried to wipe the tear away. "I just thought that maybe if I get fat you won't love me anymore."

I sighed, prepping my head on my elbows, gesturing her to sit next to me. Begrudgingly, she obeyed and sat down. Gently, I used my free hand to rub her belly, kissing her arm on the process. "That will never happen, I promise you that," I answered. "I vowed to you on our wedding that I will be with you no matter what happens to you in life. You may get bigger, but that won't stop me from loving you."

"Anyways, you're holding our children, why would I leave you for that?" I asked.

Turning, she looked at me, holding my face with one hand. "I love you so much," she said as a tear rolled down her face.

"I love you more, baby," I wiped away her tear with my thumb and kissed her hand. A small smile suddenly appeared on my face. "Can I put my ear on your stomach?" I asked excitedly.

"Benjamin, they're not even formed yet," she chuckled, but she let me anyway. Although I couldn't hear anything, I sighed, knowing that I will be able to hold them one day. I kissed her stomach before kissing her lips.

~*~

"Benjamin."

I groaned, lifting my head up higher to meet Jasmine's gaze with tired eyes. "Benjamin," she poked my cheek gingerly.

I sighed. "Yes, baby?" I asked.

"I'm craving for pickles," she muttered out.

"Baby, we don't have pickles," I answered begrudgingly.

"I know," she answered. "Can you buy some?"

Opening my eyes, I looked at the clock on the bedside table. "Babe, it's four in the morning."

"I know, but I'm really craving some," she begged.

I sighed again. "Baby, you don't even like pickles."

"I know, but I really want one," she begged again.

"Okay, I'll buy some tomorrow," I promised. "Go to sleep."