Awkward Bus Rides [7]

Dedicated to @cheesa_cabrera for saying that this book is one of the best Benjamin Lasnier fanfictions. {If you want to be dedicated, leave a comment below and I'll choose randomly}

Benjamin Lasnier

I never really thought bus rides were this awkward. From what I heard, they were fun and exciting, like road trips. But as I sat down across from Jasmine, only the music from Troy's iPod was heard around the bus.

I could see Jasmine shifting awkwardly on her seat as she bit her lip nervously. I felt my heart throb again as I remembered Ben kiss her on the lip. On queue, I saw Jasmine touch her lip nervously, looking outside the window.

"Is he your boyfriend?" I asked her. Looking up, she looked back at me straight in the eyes.

"Why?" She asked, her eyes wide.

"You guys kissed." I stated in a matter-of-fact way. "How come?"

"Since when were you so into my life anyways?" She shot back. I immediately shut my mouth. Standing up, she narrowed her eyes on me. "You don't know anything about what I've been through so don't you dare ask me anything about my life because I don't bother knowing about yours."

With that, she walked away and went to her bedroom, not bothering to look at me again.

Inhaling deeply, I ran my hand through my hair. Standing up, I walked to the front of the bus and sat down on the seat next to Troy.

"Hey, man." Troy grinned at me. "What's with the long face?"

"Nothing." I replied. "Has Jasmine always been like that?" I asked suddenly.

"What do you mean?" He asked, glancing at me before looking back at the road. "The whole time I've been with her, nothing's changed, even after she became famous." He said.

"But there was this one time, though. She had like a mental breakdown." I looked at him. "She was so stressed during a concert rehearsal and she just cried the whole day. I don't know what really happened but she was so distracted that day. She eventually went back to normal during her concert."

"She didn't say anything?" I asked.

"Nope." He shook his head.

"Do you know anything about her past?" I asked curiously.

"No. Now that I think about it, she keeps a lot to herself. She never brings her past up." This caught my attention. "I think that only thing she mentioned about her past is a guy she loved, but she was accidentaly drunk from all the wine." He grinned.

"Do you know who she was talking about?" I asked.

"No." He shook his head. "Poor girl, so broken."

I didn't know what the last part meant. Looking at Jasmine now, she's more cold-hearted than broken. More fierce and livelier, and definitely prettier- when I'm not around.

~*~

"You hit the last note wrong." Jasmine informed me as I sang 'That Should Be Me' by Justin Bieber the third time. "If you go lower, it would have a more dramatic effect. When you sing it higher, you're just making it hard for yourself."

"I'm trying, okay?"

"Well, try harder."

"Guys, stop." Noel came in between of us just as Jasmine narrowed her eyes on me. "Jasmine, just let Benjamin finish the song how he wants it. Benjamin, just sing it one more time."

"Of course, he likes doing it his way." Jasmine rolled her eyes before leaving the stage. I sighed as I watched her went down the stairs and went backstage.