Extras [4]

Benjamin

"Come on, baby," Jasmine ushered me, pulling my hand as we arrived the airport.

Christmas is around the corner and Jasmine and I decided to celebrate it around friends and family. We've been married for two years now, still living in New York in our new house. It was very fun having a new house. especially when you two are alone and private.

Grabbing both our luggages, I followed Jasmine to the exit of the airport, expecting Jovial and his girlfriend outside. "Can you see them?"

I strained my eyes, shaking my head. "No," I answered. "Did you call him yet?"

Jasmine gave me a bright smile. "Yes," she kissed my cheek.

"Why are you so giddy today?" I smiled cheekily at her, wrapping my around her waist and pulling her closer.

"I don't know," she shrugged, a grin still plastered on her face.

"Are you feeling cold?" I asked worriedly, feeling her cold skin. Grabbing a coat from our luggages, I draped it around her shoulders, hugging her to provide warmth. "This is why we don't wear dresses on December." Jasmine giggled in response.

"Jasmine! Benjamin!" We turned to see Jovial walking towards us, his girlfriend in tow with big smiles on both their faces.

"Hey!" Jasmine smiled brightly before squeezing Jovial tight. "How are you?" She cupped both his cheeks before planting kisses.

She turned to Jovial's girlfriend when he started to groan. "Talia! It's so nice to see you, too!" She laughed as she gave Talia a squeeze. "It's been, what, two years? I'm so glad you haven't let go of Jovial yet!"

"Jasmine," Jovial groaned again, Talia suppressing her laughter.

"Can we go home now?" Jasmine asked, a put forming her lips. "I'm hungry."

"You're always hungry," I laughed, kissing her temple.

As Jovial and I grabbed the luggages, Jasmine looped her arm with Talia and started to engage a conversation with Talia as we walked, a complaining Jovial in tow while Talia tries to stop her giggles. I chuckled at the scene, a little bit confused as of why Jasmine is so giddy and excited.

This past week she has been an emotional wreck lately. One day she will be grumpy and annoyed that she doesn't even do her make up, which is saying something because she loves wearing make up, even if it was just a touch of mascara. She didn't even care about what she looked like and just settle for one of my t-shirts and sweatpants.

Then the day after that she keeps on crying to simplest things. Like when we watched a movie, she started to cry even before a dramatic scene came up. Even when she found out that there wasn't anymore milk or lemonade in the fridge, she started to bawl, and I started to freak out, confused on what's happening. I even asked my mom what was wrong with her when I managed to get Jasmine to sleep. Eventually, I had to buy groceries.

And then the day after that, she just started to get cuddly. When I woke up and tried to make breakfast, she just wrapped her arms around my torso, claiming that she doesn't want to let go. Which meant we stayed another twenty minutes cuddling under the sheets. She didn't turn down when I asked if she wants to get in the shower with me. Meaning, it was kind of a... steamy day for the both of us.

Now she's so energetic and giddy. She didn't even sleep through the plane ride, she didn't drink her morning coffee either. It was very confusing this whole week. My mother explained that it was just the lady hormones, or she ay just be in her period.

"So, how's mom and dad?" Jasmine suddenly asked when we settled in the car.

"They're doing fine," he nodded as he looked at her from the rearview mirror. "We're having dinner tonight with the Lasniers."