Past is Past and Nothing At Last [8]

{If you want to be dedicated, comment something nice below and I'll choose the sweetest one}

Jasmine C.

Immediately, I shot up from my seat and went to my room, hugging my chest. Laying on my bed, I felt tears starting to spring up from my eyes. I picked up the phone, not knowing what to do, and contacted the person I knew who would understand me.

"Dad?" I whimpered.

"Jasmine!" He responded cheerfully. I held my breath. "Jasmine?" He asked again.

Hearing his voice was a miracle as I haven't contacted him in a month. I started sobbing, and sobbing, and sobbing against the phone that's pressed to my ear.

"Jasmine, sweetie."

"Dad." I whimpered again before crying more. "I miss you so much." I said in between gasps of breath. I hugged a small pillow against my chest. It's been a while to have contact from Denmark. I was constantly busy with contacts and signing and meet-ups that I rarely have time to talk to anybody.

Right now all I wanted to do is hug my father as long as I can, feeling his warm hugs and smelling his after shave. I miss him caressing my hair when I have a problem, watching movies early morning on Saturday, letting me eat ice cream with him on midnights. I felt homesick right at that moment as my dad helped me calm down.

"Dad, it hurts. It hurts so much." I sobbed on the phone. "Why can't I kill this feeling inside me? I hate pretending that I don't know who is when I know exactly who it is. I hate- I hate..."

My dad didn't say a word as I continued to sob. More minutes passed before my tears started to dry up.

"Are you breathing now, Princess?" He asked calmly.

"Yes, daddy." I answered quietly.

"Great. Now tell me what happened."

And I told him everything. From when I finally recommended the song that Benjamin and I wrote to Noel until I got to this problem where I cannot control the throbbing of my heart.

"I wished I haven't met Benjamin." I confessed.

"Don't make wishes you will regret, Jasmine." Dad warned. "You want me to tell you a little story?"

I scoffed. "Dad, I'm too old for stories."

"Just listen." He demanded. I smiled. "Once upon a time a girl came to school. She didn't know anyone. Nobody at all, and she was determined to keep it that way.

When she met the popular guy, the popular guy madly fell in love with her, while the girl did not care at all. She just wanted an education to help her family in the future.

But the popular guy was determined to make her his. He tried getting her number, he asked some help from her friends. He tried talking to her everyday, hoping she could give him a chance. One day, the girl realized that she is starting to fall in love with him, but it was too late."

"What happened?" I asked.

"The guy left. His family needed to go somewhere else. He didn't even had a chance to say goodbye to his true love, which he thought he would never see her anymore.

That changed when he saw her again in California. She became an editor of some publishing company as the guy became an engineer. The girl was so sad when she saw him, accusing how he left her just like that without even informing her. The guy felt terribly sorry that he made her feel that way so he did the whole process all over again; he made her fall in love with him one more time. And in no time, they got married and had children.