Chapter 1.

The remembrance.
"So, why have you finaly decided to share your time in the Legion, Eric?" asked the remembrance who had been urging Eric Shield to recount his experiences during the civil war, famously known as the Horus Heresy. "Hm, does it really matter?" He asked, looking the remembrance straight in the eyes. "You have repeatedly asked me to recount my time with the 2nd Legiones Astartes Arch Angels as the captain of the 2nd company." The remembrance looked at Eric and nodded in response. "Well, where do you want me to start?" Eric asked. "You can start from the beginning, how did Partaqlus react when he found out that Horus Luprical had betrayed the Emperor?" The remembrance replied.
"Alright, you shall have your story," Eric replied, a hint of darkness creeping into his voice.

Chapter 1.
As I gazed out into the endless expanse of space, a sudden creaking sound broke the silence, alerting me to the opening of the command deck doors. Swiftly turning around, I beheld the revered figure of our gene-father entering the room, accompanied by the stoic First Captain Atréo. With purposeful strides, the mighty primarch made his way towards the central hub of the holographic network on the command deck.

My eyes were drawn to Partaqlus as he pressed the illuminated receive button, causing a luminous image of Malcador the Sigillite to materialize before us. The holographic projection of Malcador's visage began to speak, relaying dire tidings to Partaqlus about the treacherous actions of Horus Luprical. Shock gripped me as I absorbed the weight of Malcador's words, revealing that several of our own primarchs had pledged their allegiance to the Warmaster, plunging the galaxy into a devastating civil war.

In disbelief, I found myself frozen, unable to fathom the notion that the noble and just primarch Horus could have turned against the Imperium. Desperate for answers, my gaze instinctively shifted towards our gene-father, hoping to glean his reaction. Yet, to my astonishment, the resplendent angelic figure remained motionless and silent, his expression shrouded in inscrutability. Compelled by an overwhelming need for clarity, he pressed the display, causing the message to replay, as if searching for any semblance of truth within the tumultuous storm of betrayal.

After Partaqlus had revisited the message from Malcador, a surge of fury consumed him. In a fit of rage, he struck the display with all his might, shattering it into a cloud of dust and shards of glass and metal. With a heavy heart, he commanded the Angelic Grace to commence its journey back to Terra. Once the astropaths acknowledged his directive, he pivoted on his heel and stormed out of the command deck, his footsteps echoing with frustration.

Suddenly, amidst the chaotic atmosphere, the voice of First Captain Atréo pierced the air, beckoning me by name. I swiftly turned towards him, acknowledging his call with a nod, conveying my readiness to receive his orders or any other instructions he may have for me.

"Please, maintain absolute silence on this matter," commanded the First Captain, his voice filled with urgency. "The revelation of Horus' treachery must only come from our primarch, at the opportune moment he deems fit." I nodded once more, acknowledging his instruction, and replied, "I comprehend, my captain." Atréo gently placed his hand upon my shoulder, locking eyes with me, and continued, "Should this allegation prove true, we are bound for a conflict of unprecedented scale, unlike anything humanity has ever encountered." With that, he withdrew his hand and strode purposefully towards the astropaths.

I stood in silence for a moment, trying to wrap my head around the horrible intel I had just received. It took a few seconds for me to realize that I still had duties to uphold. I walked back to my station at the command deck and asked for a status check on the incoming warp-jump. "We will be ready within a few minutes," answered the man who was preparing the Angelic Grace for the upcoming warp-jump.