Chapter 5.

Back with the remembrance.
"What is the truth behind the rounius powers?" inquired the woman, her curiosity piqued. Pausing for a moment, she continued, "What did those words truly signify?" My eyes shifted towards the window, observing the bustling crowd outside, each engaged in their own way, dutifully serving the Imperium of Man. Contemplating how to respond, I pondered the morality of divulging the information I had acquired from Partaqlus. Should it be disclosed or concealed, considering the secrecy surrounding the appearance of demons during the Siege of Terra? Once again, a wave of terror washed over me, reminiscent of the dread I had initially experienced while standing upon the walls near the Citadel, witnessing the Red Angel, the fearsome Demon Primarch Angron, soaring through the sky with his colossal leather-clad wings. "Eric, are you there? Where did your mind wander off to?" Her voice snapped me back to reality, dispelling the panic that had momentarily consumed me. Taking a deep breath, I finally responded, "Alright, I will reveal the truth. It may provide the people with greater clarity regarding the Siege of Terra and the abominable creatures that joined forces with Horus and his treacherous brothers."

Chapter 5.
"So," Partaqlus uttered, his gaze fixed upon the relentless battle unfolding before us. With bated breath, I stood in complete silence, anticipating his next words. Finally, he broke the silence, his hand gently resting upon the window. "Eric, do you truly comprehend what exists and in a way live within the immaterium?" he inquired. Lost in contemplation, I weighed my response. While I had indeed heard tales of the extraordinary encounters my fellow Astartes had faced, I had never fathomed that there might be something more profound lurking in the warp. The beings they described were merely savage creatures, devoid of any significance. "Yes, my lord, I am familiar with the accounts of various...wild beasts from the warp," I hesitated, uncertain of my answer. Partaqlus turned towards me, his eyes filled with pity. "Wild animals? Alas, it is far graver than that," he spoke, his gaze piercing into my soul, gauging my readiness to comprehend his revelations. And then he continued, his words carrying weight and gravity. "The gods, they exist. Four, to be precise..."

As I peered through the windows behind Partaqlus, it became evident that we were on the brink of departing from the ethereal Sea of Souls. The colors outside the window morphed rapidly, as if in a frenzied dance, until darkness enveloped everything. In that moment, I caught a glimpse of the vast expanse before us, illuminated by the distant twinkle of celestial stars. We had returned to the real-space. Turning my attention back to Partaqlus, I inquired with curiosity burning in my eyes, seeking understanding about his assertion of the gods' existence.

"However, my lord, your father, the Emperor of Mankind, and his teachings on the Imperial Truth suggest that all ancient religions are mere attempts to comprehend the incomprehensible, born out of ignorance. According to him, there are no gods, and concepts such as heaven, hell, and life after death hold no truth." Partaqlus wore a grim smile, his countenance revealing a deeper truth. "Indeed, the Imperial Truth propagates these beliefs, denying the existence of gods or any form of religious practices. But unfortunately, the reality is quite different." I stared at my primarch, my confusion evident. His words contradicted the teachings we had embraced, the very principles set forth by the Emperor of Mankind himself. "Are you suggesting that the foundation of the Imperium of Man is built upon falsehoods?" My voice trembled with desperation. Partaqlus gazed upon me with unwavering pity, understanding the weight of my realization.

"No, I wouldn't see it from that perspective," Partaqlus responded, pausing briefly before continuing. "Eric, the mere knowledge of the 4 Chaos Gods carries inherent danger. Their existence alone poses a threat. Once someone becomes aware of the truth, they become susceptible to the influence of these gods." As he spoke, Partaqlus retrieved a book and placed it on his work table. I followed the book with my gaze, studying its cover as Partaqlus set it down.