Chapter 25.

Back with the remembrance.
"Was it him? McScythe?" the remembrance whispered, her voice filled with curiosity. I simply nodded, choosing to keep my words locked away. Her eyes met mine, a mixture of sympathy and understanding shining through. "So, he's the one who took Samriel's life," she stated, realizing that I wasn't going to divulge any more details. I responded in a monotone voice, devoid of any emotion, "Yes, he killed Samriel without a second thought, as if it were the easiest thing in the world." Memories of that horrifying moment flooded my mind, but I quickly shut them out, just as I had done countless times before. The weight of all the deaths I had witnessed, all the lost brothers in the Emperor's service, never became easier to bear. A lost brother was a lost brother, and the pain remained the same. I gazed out of the window, attempting to gather my thoughts. After a moment of silence, she gently urged me to continue my story whenever I was ready. I looked at her once more, and with a heavy sigh, I confessed, "This is it, we truly coming close to the final chapter of my tale. There is still so much about McScythe and his legion that eludes my understanding but i will tell you how the tale on Aetherium IX ended."

Chapter 25.
Witnessing the spectacle unfold before my eyes, I marveled at Zandar's unwavering determination as he charged relentlessly towards the monstrous being, unmistakably McScythe. With every step he took, Zandar unleashed a barrage of firepower from his boltgun, the rounds striking McScythe with astonishing precision. However, my heart sank as I realized that the malevolent creature remained seemingly unaffected by the onslaught. Suddenly, McScythe shifted his attention towards Zandar, locking his gaze upon him. Breaking free from the grip of immobility that's had held me captive, I surged forward, desperately sprinting to catch up with Zandar's courageous pursuit.

"Stop it! Do not attack him, thats an order!" The combined voices of Josef and Androsia echoed through the vox radio, but I paid no heed. There was no way I would allow Zandar to face McScythe alone. Determined, I hastened my pace and closed in on Zandar. "I'm right behind you, little alpha" Ragnar's almost feral voice reached my ears. Zandar came to a halt and skillfully unleashed a barrage of bullets upon McScythe. Gripping my blade tighter, I readied myself to confront McScythe with every ounce of strength I possessed.

With a mighty push, I launched myself off the floor's surface, aiming for a decisive strike against McScythe. The rush of adrenaline coursed through my veins as I felt my body soar towards him. However, in an instant, it felt as if I had collided with a celestial object, as the sheer power behind McScythe's blow was otherworldly. His fist connected with the center of my chest while I was still suspended in mid-air, propelling me backwards with an unfathomable force. The world around me momentarily faded to darkness as I crashed into the wall, the impact echoing with an incredible magnitude.

I struggled to regain my footing, but my efforts were futile as I found myself sinking to one knee. The pain washed over me, threatening to engulf my senses and plunge me back into darkness. However, fueled by sheer determination, I fought to remain conscious.

My gaze shifted towards McScythe, and a sense of despair washed over me as I witnessed Ragnar locked in a fierce battle with him. I watched, almost entranced, as Ragnar valiantly fought against an adversary who held complete superiority over him. With every move, Ragnar seamlessly transitioned between attack and defense, his lightning-claws mercilessly tearing into McScythe's body. Yet, just like the constant barrage of boltrounds from Zandar's weapon, Ragnar's strikes seemed to have little effect on McScythe's formidable form.

Despite the seemingly insurmountable odds, Ragnar refused to yield. His movements were a symphony of agility and precision, as he danced back and forth, dodging McScythe's relentless attacks while launching his own lightning-claw strikes. Each blow landed with a resounding impact, eliciting sparks and sizzling energy, but McScythe seemed impervious to the damage inflicted upon him.