Chapter 22.

Back with the remembrance.
"The horror of Ragnar's description is simply unbearable!" cried the remembrance, her eyes filled with unease. I couldn't help but chuckle and asked if she hadn't graspt it earlier. With a sigh, she replied, "Oh, I knew, but hearing Ragnar confirm what you described earlier made it even more terrifying. Ragnar has this arrogant demeanor, so if he's talking about those... what did you call them? Poxwalkers? I can only imagine the sheer terror they bring, just the thought of them is enough to send shivers down my spine."

"I'm delighted to see that you've come to this realization," I replied with a subtle smile. "So, you and your comrades from the Angeli Vindictae had intentions of locating McScythe and putting an end to him?" she inquired. Pausing for a brief moment, I met her gaze before responding, "Precisely. That was the objective assigned to us for the upcoming campaign. We were to serve as the vanguard, fulfilling the purpose for which the Emperor founded our legion."

"But what were Partaqlus' thoughts? How could you, mere 6 Astartes, find and kill such a strong and warp-infused enemy?" she asked, her tone tinged with resignation. I responded with another smile, replying, "You're right, there was only 6 of us, but you're forgetting who some of them was." I chuckled softly as I spoke. Her irritation was evident as she retorted, "Are you referring to Androsia and Josef?" My smile widened, and I nodded before stating, "Both Androsia and Josef were formidable forces on the battlefield. They possessed extraordinary psychic abilities, even surpassing those of other psykers within the Legiones Astartes."

"So Androsia and Josef alone possess enough strength to replace an entire company sent against McScythe?" she inquired. As we conversed, my smile had gradually expanded, but it vanished instantly, replaced by a cold gaze as I responded, "It appears you have overlooked the rest of us. Ragnar and I are formidable warriors in our own right, and we are accompanied by the highly skilled duo of Zandar and Samriel, who are equally exceptional."

Her expression reflected surprise as my mood swiftly changed. She swiftly apologized, clarifying that she had no intention of excluding the rest of us or insinuating that we were inadequate. However, she acknowledged that I had specifically mentioned the two of them.

"Would you kindly proceed with sharing your story?" she inquired, a hint of caution in her voice as a brief silence hung in the air. I diverted my gaze to the window, attempting to compose myself. The reason behind my sudden annoyance at her choice of words eluded me. After a while, I glanced back at her, mustered a nod, and resumed recounting my tale.

Chapter 22.
The journey through the atmosphere of Aetherium IX sent thrilling vibrations coursing through our Thunderhawk. As I glanced around the ship, I observed the enigmatic faces of my companions aboard the ship. Androsia, Josef, Ragnar, Zandar, and Samriel. Each one lost in their own contemplative musings, lost in the vastness of their thoughts. While everyone found solace in the comfort of their seats, Josef remained steadfast, his unwavering gaze fixed upon the holographic map. With deft and purposeful movements, his fingers elegantly danced across the control panel, manipulating the digital terrain with effortless finesse.

As the ship's vibrations settled, I released myself from the chair's safety function and made my way towards Josef. "Any leads on our target? Any trace of him?" I inquired eagerly. Josef continued manipulating the holomap, his focus unwavering. I studied the holographic display, attempting to decipher his intentions. After a brief moment, he finally honed in on what seemed to be a colossal factory of sorts. With a few swift button presses, a detailed holographic projection of the fabric materialized before us. "Androsia has been monitoring peculiar warp activity on Aetherium IX for some time now. Additionally, there have been regular surges of psychic energies emanating from this location," Josef revealed, his tone laced with intrigue.