Chapter 11.

Back with the remembrance
How did it feel when you realized that Partaqlus Half-blood himself had come to save you?" The remembrance asked with a small smile playing on her lips. I chuckled and smiled back at her, then I replied, "I don't think Partaqlus brought the whole second legion just for me. But to answer your question anyway, it felt wonderful to see my battle-brothers arrive from the sky." She continued to smile, then she asked if Ragnar and his warriors really burst into song while they were fighting. I laughed again and assured her that they had, and that it was something I would never forget. She fell silent for a moment, as if she was thinking about the next question, then she asked, "Was it the first time you got to see Partaqlus fight?" I had a small flashback from her question, the memory of Partaqlus Half-blood fighting in snow that gradually became more red then white. He was something completely unique. I chose to ignore her question and instead began to continue my story...

Chapter 11.
Witnessing one drop pod after another descending into the heart of the enemy, I couldn't help but marvel at the destructive force they unleashed upon impact. From the moment they crashed onto the ground, devastation ensued, leaving our adversaries in disarray. Their advance was halted, and confusion painted their faces as the 2nd Legion made their unexpected arrival. Amidst the chaos, I caught sight of Partaqlus once more, descending swiftly amidst the enemy terminators. With each strike, he effortlessly brought them down, as if their armor was mere timber rather than impenetrable ceramite.

In the midst of preparing to enter the fierce combat, an Astartes with wings gracefully descended before me. It was a sight to behold - Josef Soul had arrived. Standing tall, he glanced in my direction. Without hesitation, he retrieved my dual chainswords and presented them to me, remarking, "Eric, I anticipated you would require these in such circumstances." Grinning beneath my helmet, I acknowledged Josef's astute judgement and reached out to reclaim my weapons.

Without a moment's hesitation, I sprinted towards the raging battlefield, where the clash of swords and axes dominated the scene. My eyes locked onto Ragnar, who seemed to be in dire straits amidst the chaos. Dodging an enemy Astartes in my path, I swiftly sidestepped to the right before swiftly shifting left, narrowly evading his lethal strike. Seizing the opportunity, as his blow struck the ground with force, I retaliated with a swift swing of my chainsword. With immense satisfaction, my weapon cleaved through his armor, tearing him apart into two distinct pieces.

As the battle raged on, the clash of weapons and the thundering footsteps of armored giants filled the air. Each swing of my blade was met with an equal measure of resistance, as if the enemy was determined to hold their ground at all costs. Yet, fueled by the spirit of camaraderie and the echoes of the space wolves' song, our resolve remained unyielding.

The ethereal notes of the melody seemed to intertwine with the very essence of our being, awakening a dormant strength within us. It coursed through our veins, lending us an otherworldly energy and a heightened sense of purpose. It was as if the song itself had become our battle cry, driving us forward with a shared determination.

In the midst of the chaos, a colossal Astartes, towering over his comrades, launched a devastating attack towards me. Swiftly evading his strike, I marveled at the sheer size and strength of our opponent. But size alone was no match for the grace and agility instilled in me by years of rigorous training. With a nimble dodge, I sidestepped his attack, launching a counterstrike that found its mark, momentarily staggering the formidable warrior.

Turning my gaze towards Ragnar, I witnessed a sight that filled me with awe. With a powerful leap, he soared through the air, his axe gleaming in the sunlight. The momentum carried him high, his every muscle tensing as he prepared for his descent. And then, with a force that could shatter mountains, his weapon descended upon the enemy ranks, cleaving through their defenses with an untamed fury.