Chapter 26.

Back with the remembrance.
"Hold on a moment!" The remembrance exclaimed in disbelief, her voice filled with shock. She continued, her tone defiant, "You weren't about to succumb to corruption once more!" I gazed at her intently, my expression serious, before finally responding, "Well, one would assume so. But what transpired within me was entirely different. It was as if I harnessed the same power that consumed me when I was tainted by Khorne, yet managed to evade the clutches of mindless insanity."

Curiosity filled her eyes as she urged me to elaborate further. "I don't recall much from the time I was tainted by Khorne, only the overwhelming surge of power and ferocious animosity," I began. "However, what occurred in that moment, when I confronted McScythe, was distinct. It evoked the same sensation of ruthless hatred, but there was a peculiar purity to it. It's difficult to put into words, but it felt untainted, almost pristine."

"Alright, I believe I grasp the situation. However, I'm curious about how both Ragnar and Josef fared. The way McScythe treated them sounded horrific. When I looked into her eyes, I could see genuine concern. 'Do you want to know now, or should I proceed with my story?' I inquired, emphasizing that there isn't much left to tell about Aetherium IX. The worry in her eyes transformed into a mix of curiosity and eagerness as she nodded, urging me to carry on. 'Very well, I shall continue,' I responded, my voice laced with a hint of secrecy."

Chapter 26.
As I laid my eyes on McScythe, an irresistible smile spread across my face. A blazing fire ignited within me, propelling me forward as I sprinted towards him. To my astonishment, I found myself running with an unprecedented speed, as if the weight of the world had been lifted from my shoulders. With a swift leap, I raised my blade and aimed a fierce slash at him. Just in the nick of time, he managed to raise his scythe to parry my attack.

Undeterred, I swiftly pivoted and launched another assault, this time striking from below and landing a powerful blow across his chest. Yet, to my dismay, it appeared to have little effect, as he retaliated with a lightning-quick slash that struck the ground, unleashing a minor shockwave.

Adrenaline coursed through my veins, fueling my every move. The air crackled with the electricity of our clash, each strike resonating with a thunderous impact.

Undeterred by his swift counterattack, I swiftly recovered from my previous strike and prepared to unleash a relentless flurry of blows. With each swing of my blade, I aimed for his vulnerable spots, determined to find a weakness in his formidable defense. But no matter how precise and powerful my strikes were, it seemed as though McScythe was impervious to harm.

His scythe whirled through the air with deadly precision, deflecting my every attack effortlessly. His movements were fluid and calculated, as if he had anticipated my every move. It was becoming increasingly clear that defeating him would require more than just brute force.

As we continued our dance of blades, the battlefield around us trembled with the force of our clashes. The ground beneath our feet cracked and split, creating a chaotic landscape that mirrored the intensity of our fight. Each clash sent shockwaves rippling through the air, causing the very fabric of reality to tremble.

But amidst the chaos, I refused to yield. The fire within me burned brighter, igniting a newfound determination. I knew that victory was within my reach, even if it meant pushing myself beyond my limits.

With renewed resolve, I launched myself towards McScythe once more, channeling every ounce of strength and skill into a final, decisive strike. As our weapons collided with a resounding clash, a surge of energy erupted, like something straight out of the warp.

But as I looked McScythe in the eys, I realized that he had undergone a transformation. His once imposing figure now seemed diminished, his movements sluggish and uncertain. It was as if the intensity of our battle had taken its toll on him, draining him of his formidable power.