Chapter 13.

Back with the remembrance.
"Do you mean to say that Partaqlus killed an Astartes using only his psychic abilities, like only with is mind?" inquired the remembrance, her eyes wide with curiosity. I regarded her with a serious expression and responded, stating that such a feat would hardly pose a challenge for a powerful psyker like Partaqlus. "From what I gather," I continued, "there are only two individuals known to possess greater psychic prowess: the Emperor of Mankind himself and Partaqlus' own brother, Magnus the Red." The remembrance appeared taken aback and questioned why this information wasn't widely known. I explained that the circumstances surrounding Partaqlus' demise had been shrouded in secrecy, as the Inquisition sought to conceal the truth about his death. Her eyes sparkled with intrigue upon hearing the mention of the Inquisition, and she promptly inquired if I had further details to share. Firmly, I declined her request, noticing a hint of snobbery in her demeanor. Seizing the opportunity, I swiftly changed the subject and resumed recounting my story.

Chapter 13.
Peering through the ship's window, I observed the blur of the passing landscape, a whirlwind of snow that enveloped my vision. Allowing my thoughts to roam freely, I refrained from investing too much energy into any one of them. Seeking solace, I attempted to ease my body, but it proved to be an ill-conceived notion as the soreness became apparent. Tilting my head gently to the right and then to the left, my neck emitted a series of satisfying cracks. Raising my arms and flexing my wrists, I was met with a symphony of popping sounds.

As the tension weighed upon me, I reclined my head, yearning for a deeper tranquility. Beginning from the tips of my toes, I embarked on a journey of unwinding, methodically releasing the tension from my feet, gradually ascending through my legs, until eventually reaching the crown of my head. Inhaling profoundly, I surrendered to the stillness, endeavoring to restore my depleted energy before the forthcoming clash. Glimpsing at the time displayed, indicating the remaining 22 minutes until our arrival at the enemy's fortress, I shut my eyes once more, seeking solace in the darkness.

Startled awake by the blaring announcement from the vox system, I realized I must have dozed off. Confusion washed over me as I glanced around, trying to comprehend how I had managed to fall asleep in the midst of impending battle. My gaze shifted to my squadmates aboard the Thunderhawk, who were already preparing for the fight ahead. Shaking off my drowsiness, I leaned over the vox system and addressed them, my voice laced with determination.

"Attention, everyone. This is Eric Shield speaking. Our objective is to encircle the enemy stronghold and launch a multi-pronged attack. I will provide a detailed map image outlining the terrain and strategic positions you should assume. Stay vigilant."

With my orders issued, I swiftly set to work on crafting and refining the map image, ensuring its accuracy and clarity. Once satisfied, I dispatched the crucial information to every commander within my company, ensuring they were equipped with the knowledge needed to lead their forces effectively.

As I gazed out of the ship's front window, my eyes landed on a colossal castle, its ancient façade exuding a sense of grandeur. Lost in contemplation of the civilization that had once erected this majestic stronghold, hell abruptly erupted around us. The enemy's anti-air weaponry bombarded us relentlessly, shaking the very core of our vessel. Clinging onto the pilot's seat with unwavering determination, I braced myself against the imminent threat, while the skilled pilot swiftly accelerated, evading the enemy's relentless assault.

I issued urgent instructions to the pilots through the vox radio, emphasizing the need for a smooth landing to allow the infantry forces to disembark from the ships. Once they accomplished this, they were to swiftly take off again to disable the castle's defense system. From the Thunderhawk I was aboard, I observed as the pilot anxiously scouted for a suitable landing spot. "Listen closely, everyone. Our mission truly begins as soon as we touch down. Securing that castle is crucial for establishing our legion's presence on this planet," I declared. As our ship commenced its descent, I could see the landing gear gradually being lowered. With determination, I transmitted through the vox radio, "In the name of the emperor, for Terra, and for Partaqlus." Racing down the landing bridge.