Chapter 1

Have you ever been diagnosed with an illness and been told you don't have much time to live? let me tell the story of discovering I had an illness with little time to live. It all started when I was walking to a friend's house in the cool weather when suddenly I started to faint. A stranger turned around and noticed I was on the floor. He rushed over to see what was wrong and tried to wake me up but to no avail. He called the ambulance quickly to rush me to the hospital. When I woke up I had no idea where I was and I saw the stranger next to me. Suddenly he noticed that I was starting to wake up and went to get the doctor. The doctor came into the room and that's when she started delivering the news. The stranger saw that the doctor was going to tell confidential information and left.

"Hello Zeina"

"Hi"

"I see you are awake"

"Where am I?"

"You're in the hospital"

"How did I get here? What happened?"

"Well you were rushed in here by an ambulance and someone saw u collapsed outside, came with the ambulance and we ran some tests on you"

"Test? What type of tests?"

"A test to see why you fainted"

"Oh ok"

"Do you want to know?"

"Um I'm not sure"

"Alright. Take your time. You know where to find me when you decide. I'm Dr. Ann, by the way"

"Ok thank you, doctor"

"You're welcome "

The doctor went to her office and Zeina checked her phone to see what time it was. She noticed she had a lot of missed calls, and text messages and decided to respond back. Suddenly, one of her contacts picked up and responded with a lot of worry in their voice.

"Hello"

"Hi, who is this?"

"What do you mean who is this? didn't you check who was calling you before you picked?"

She quickly glanced at the phone.

"Oh hi Zeina sorry I was busy"

"Busy doing what?"

"Busy cleaning for you to arrive"

"About that"

"Don't tell me you can't make it?"

"I can't make it"

"Where are you?"

"I'm in the hospital"

"Which hospital and room?"

"St Joseph Medical Center and room 5"

"I'm on my way. Don't move"

"Ok I wasn't planning to but ok"

She turns on the TV and relaxes in the hospital bed. The nurse came into the room to change my saline, check on me, and left. Moments later, her friend arrived with some food in the hospital for Zeina to eat.

"I'm here"

"I see that"

"I brought food"

"Thanks, I was starving"

"You're welcome"

Her friend lets her eat while wondering what happened. The doctor came in to check on me and left. She lay down after finishing eating.

She turned around and saw her friend wanted to know. She took a deep breath and told her. Her friend was shocked and wanted to know if the doctor told Zeina what had caused her to faint

"No, because I am not sure if I want to know"

"But it's the only way to find a solution"

"I know I know. The doctor told me I can take my time to make my decision and that's what I'm going to do"

"But come on "

"No buts or come-ons"

"Fine. Well, thanks for letting me know. I gotta be on my way now."

"Thank you and you're welcome. Bye"

"Bye. get some rest"