Chapter 8

The next morning, he woke up smiling at how beautiful she was. He felt like the luckiest man on earth. He went to the kitchen and prepared breakfast for her to eat.

He left it on the bedside table and prepared to go to work. He kissed her on the cheek and left. Moments later, she woke up and noticed there was food for her to eat.

She smiled and started eating her breakfast. She got up and took her meds to relax. She looked for a movie to watch.

An hour later, he decided to call her phone to check if she was okay. She told him that she was fine and was happy he called. They blew each other kisses over the phone, and he told her to call him if she needed anything.

"I will "

"Alright love"

"Bye have a good day"

"I will bye"

The call ended and she felt so lucky she could melt. She continued watching her movie until she felt hungry. Moments later, she got up and went to the kitchen to prepare something for her to eat.

She wasn't feeling good so she put the food items down and went back to the room to lie down. She called him and told him she was hungry.

"Can you buy me something to eat? I'm starving".

"Anything for you, my love"

"What would I do with you?"

"Don't mention it hon"

"Alright. when will you come because I'm hungry?"

"I'm on my way. Just stuck in traffic hang in there love. I'll be there soon"

"OK hurry my love. I'll be waiting"

"Alright"

The phone call ended, and her stomach continued to grumble. He is still stuck in traffic and has to wait until it clears up. She could no longer wait as she was about to pass out.

He starts getting worried and calls a taxi to come pick him up. he calls her phone to let her know he is almost there but there is no answer. Moments of worry later, he arrived home and went to the room to see if she was still up but she had passed out.

He quickly got out the food and fed her little by little. She noticed food in her mouth and woke up. He was so happy that she woke up and she was happy that he came home.

"What took you so long?"

"I was stuck in traffic"

"I was so hungry that I passed out"

"I'm sorry I took so long. I'm here now"

"I'm glad you are here too. Where is the food?"

"Here it is"

She takes the food and starts eating to gain some strength. He goes to the kitchen to make her a healthy smoothie and puts it next to her. He felt a sense of relief after seeing her eat.

"Thank you hon. I needed the food"

"I know you did"

"Do you need anything else my love?"

"No, I'm ok now"

"Alright then. let me know if you need anything else. I'll be in the shower"

"I will dear"

He went to take a shower and changed into clothes. He sat next to her while she was watching a movie. He gave her a kiss goodnight and went to sleep.

She looked at him with a sense of awe and covered him with the blanket. She went back to continue watching her movie while lying down. As she watched the movie, she fell asleep.