Chapter 20

The next day, the sun was slowly rising as the sunlight was shining through the windows, they were both still sleeping in bed and hadn't woken up in the morning yet. As the sun rose high in the sky, the sunlight shined on Zeina causing her to wake up and let him know that he would be late for work if he didn't wake up. Moments later, after shaking him to get ready for work but doesn't get up he gives her a nudge giving her a sign to let him sleep, and covers his face to go back to sleep.

She got up from the bed to use the bathroom, turned the TV on to put on a movie, and relaxed until she needed him in bed. As she was watching her movie, he moved closer to her on her side of the bed and wrapped his arm around her while he was still sleeping. She looked down to see that his hand was wrapped around her, she took and kissed his hand, and she continued to watch her movie

During the movie, his boss from the office called his cell but there was no response, his boss tried the house to reach him to let him know he was needed and she answered the call to receive the message from his boss. She wrote down the message for him on a piece of paper, hung up after talking with his boss over the phone, and continued watching her movie as she was doing before the call came. Suddenly, she started feeling hungry so she got up to prepare something to eat, went back to the room with the food she made, and started to eat while relaxing to enjoy the movie.

Moments later, he woke up from his sleep to check the time and saw she was watching a movie in bed with a plate next to her, wanted to know where he was as well as if there was any message for him. She told him that she wasn't sure what time he would wake up so she didn't prepare anything for him to eat and that his boss called to let him know he was needed at work and wanted to know if he wanted something to eat. He shook his head sideways letting her know that he wasn't going to work and he got up to walk to the kitchen to make something to eat and she changed the movie to something more interesting to watch.

As she continued to watch her movie, she started to wonder why he wasn't going to work and wanted to ask why but was afraid he would get angry so she didn't mention it and stayed quiet while she was watching her movie. He comes back to the room with the food he prepared and notices she didn't ask why so he tapped her to find out but she didn't say anything and continued to watch her movie without being bothered. He relaxed on the bed to watch the movie with her, started eating his food after waking up, and grabbed his phone to let his boss know he wouldn't be coming today.

Moments later, she fell asleep while watching the movie, he finished talking to his boss on the phone and noticed she was not awake when he got off the phone. He changed the channel to put on his program, covered her with a blanket to make sure she was covered and took the plates to the kitchen to wash them. He wondered what she wanted to eat when she woke up, started preparing to cook the food, and went back to the room to watch his program.

As he was watching his program, the food started to boil on the stove in the kitchen, she turned on her side while she was sleeping and he continued to wait until it was time to make sure the food was ready. After a few minutes, he fell asleep during his program, forgetting he was cooking, the food continued to boil until it was burnt and smoke started coming out of the pan making the air foggy in the kitchen. Suddenly, the smoke detector started beeping letting both of them know something was burnt, she was in deep sleep unaware of what was going on, and when he got up to use the bathroom he heard the smoke detector still beeping so he wondered what could be burning in and rushed to the kitchen to turn off the stove as well as throw away the burnt food.

He opened the kitchen windows to let air in to take the smoke out, turned off the smoke detector so she could sleep peacefully, and used the bathroom before he thought of what to do. Since the food was burnt, he washed the pot he was cooking with, ordered take-out for her to eat when she woke up and continued to watch his program. As the program was about to end, he slowly began to climb into bed to lie down, waited for the food to arrive to place it on the counter,  and went to take a nap minutes later.

Hours have gone by, she woke up feeling hungry but first needed to use the bathroom. She went to use the bathroom to pee and then washed her hands before coming out to look for something to eat. Then, she went to the kitchen to see if she could cook something to eat and noticed that the window was left open and wondered why was it open in the first place.

She opened the garbage bin in the kitchen and noticed there was food that was thrown in it and wanted to know what happened. She noticed there was a bag of food on the counter and wondered if he bought it for her since there was food in the garbage bin and wanted to wake him up to ask him. All of a sudden, before she could ask him he started snoring and she went to the stove to turn it off to take the food and went back in the room to eat the food that was in the bag.

Moments later, he woke up from his nap after a few hours and noticed she was eating the food he had ordered for her to eat and wondered if she had enjoyed the food. Soon after, she finished eating her food, went to the bathroom to take a shower, and watch a movie before heading to sleep. He waited until she was done taking a shower, put her clothes on for bed, and got into bed to watch the movie to ask if she loved the food.

She nodded as a way to give him an answer, continued to watch her movie and he went straight back to sleep. As she continued to watch her movie, she slowly started to fall asleep during the movie and the TV remained on for the rest of the night until morning came.