Chapter 12

The sun rose brightly as it was time to get ready for work and he went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for her to eat. He quietly left it on her bedside table and tiptoed out of the room. He drove to work and arrived at the office on time.

Meanwhile, she was still asleep in bed and hadn't woken up yet. As she was twisting and turning on the bed, her hands hit his side of the bed and she noticed that he wasn't there. She got up to grab her phone and dialed to call him.

"Hello darling"

"Morning honey"

"Where are you?"

"At work honey"

"Already !"

"Yes my love"

"You could woken me up"

"Why darling?"

"I wanted to see you off to work"

"I didn't want to wake you up, honey"

"Aw, sweetie that is very sweet of you but I really wanted to see you off"

"I'm sorry hon maybe next time"

"Oh okay "

"Was there anything else you needed to tell me?"

"Hmm... hold on .... Let me think....."

"OK, I'm waiting and holding. Take your time"

As she tries to remember what she was going to say, he puts his phone down as he quickly notices his boss is about to walk by and continues to work. She is still on the call while he is still waiting for an answer from her. He sighs as he continues to wait and falls asleep on the call.

An hour later, she remembered what she was going to say and picked up the phone to respond to the call. She notices that in the call there is silence and wonders if he had fallen asleep waiting or just working. She puts the phone near her mouth to ask what was on her mind.

"Oh baby I remember what I wanted to tell you. Are you still there? Hello. Baby are you there?"

There was no response from him and it was absolute sheer silence. She had gotten angry to the point where she hung up the phone and waited for him to call back. She looked through the TV channels for something to watch before dozing off to sleep.

An hour later, his boss walked towards his desk to see if he was working and noticed he was asleep so he tapped him to wake him up. His boss was concerned that he wasn't working and wanted to ask it. Suddenly, he woke up to see that his boss was looking at him with concern in his face.

"Why aren't you working Oz?"

"I was on the phone with my fiancee Zeina, and I was waiting for her to tell me something, and I fell asleep waiting"

"That is not an excuse to be slacking on the job"

"But boss I wasn't slacking on the job"

"Yes, you were. Don't try to deny it"

"But boss I wasn't"

"Enough, I don't want to hear it. Get back to work or"

"Or what?"

"Slack on the job one more time and you will know or what"

"Ugh, you always think I'm wrong and your right. I'm sick of it"

"What did you say?"

"You heard me. I'm certainly not going to repeat myself"

"I think you need to take the rest of the day off to reflect on how you are speaking to me"

"I do not need to take the rest of the day off for me to reflect on how I'm feeling toward you"

"Take the rest of the day off or I will make you"

"No, and I'm not going to listen to you"

"I see you choose the hard way"

"Yes I have and you can't force me to do anything"

"Fine, you want to stay here and work. Fine have it your way"

"I will"

His boss walked back to his office to continue working and Oz stayed at work until it was time time to go home. As time went by he started to wonder if she would call him after he had fallen asleep during the call and if she was angry with him for what he did. He was scared to call to find out but he called anyway and he noticed she didn't pick.

He couldn't decide between letting her call first to see or taking the day off as his boss had previously suggested. he was pacing while thinking about where to stay or leave the office. Finally, he decided to take the day off and let his boss know he was leaving the office to talk to his fiancee Zeina"

"Boss I'm heading out to be with my fiancee"

"Yes finally woohoo bye have a good day"

"You are not going to need me back at the office?"

"No, no, no go be with your fiancee. I'm not going to need you until tomorrow. Take the rest of the day off and don't bother calling because I won't answer. The same goes with your fiancee too. I still remember when she called the office and didn't say anything"

"I'm sorry that she called the office. I tried to tell her but she won't listen to me. She insisted that she had to call to find out. I will tell her what you said"

"Alright bye bye now"

"Bye"

He headed out of the building to look for his car in the parking lot to start the car and get in to drive off towards home. He arrived home and headed towards the bedroom to see if she was not up and angry. He felt happy that she wasn't up so he quietly went to take a shower and changed into clothes.

He went to the kitchen to prepare food to leave for her to eat and placed it on her bedside table for later. He goes towards the bed to lie down and watch TV next to her. Moments later, he fell asleep watching TV while she woke up and noticed he was in bed sleeping.

She wondered why he was home early or if was it his boss who sent him home. She wanted to wake him up to find out but didn't she felt like she was going to be bothersome. She looked toward her bedside and reached for the food that was prepared for her to eat.

She took out her phone and played a movie to watch before heading to sleep. She put the finished food back on the table and lay down on the bed while waiting for him to wake up. She continued waiting while watching her movie on the bed.

A few hours into the night, she felt sleepy after watching the movie and put down her phone next to the food on the table to get ready to sleep. She looked at him and sighed wondering if he would wake up. She laid down on the bed to cover herself and went to sleep