Chapter 18

It was a cold morning while Zeina and Oz were sleeping when a cool breeze came through the window. She came closer next to him because she was cold, he wrapped her with his arm and made sure she was comfortable under him.

Suddenly, his phone starts to ring just as he is about to cuddle with her, he answers the phone to see who it is and it is his boss telling him he has to come in to work today. The call ended as he started to sigh, he slowly removed his arm to get ready to go and left a note before he drove off to work.

"Oz get to the office now," Boss said

"Why boss?" Oz said

"You have to work today," Boss said

"But boss it's a holiday today," Oz said

"I know it's a holiday but you still have to work today," Boss said

"On Thanksgiving, I didn't have to work so why is today different?," Oz said

"Don't question me. just get to the office now," Boss said

"Ok ok fine I'm coming," Oz said

"Good. bye," Boss said

"Bye see you at the office," Oz said

Meanwhile, she was still asleep at home on the bed, he was at the office working when he really wanted to spend the day with her, and suddenly she woke up to him not there moments later. She was confused and hungry, so she grabbed her phone to call him and waited for him to answer his phone. A few minutes later, he picked up the phone, she asked where was he and he let her know he was at work.

"Morning honey," Zeina said

"Morning," Oz said

"How well did you sleep?" Oz asked

"I slept ok," Zeina replied

"I'm happy to hear that," Oz replied

"Where are you, sweetie?" Zeina asked

"I'm at work honey," Oz replied

"Why are you at work?" Zeina asked

"My boss called earlier in the morning telling me to come to work," Oz replied

"What?" Zeina asked

"Yeah honey," Oz relied

"Don't tell me it was after I snuggled with you when I was cold," Zeina replied

"I-  I'm afraid so," Oz replied

"Noo, this isn't fair," Zeina said

"I know my love I know," Oz relied

She breaks down in tears while on the phone with him, she stops talking and listens to him while he's talking.

"Honey, I know how you feel, I really do. Listen, I gotta go. I will call you during the break. ok my love," Oz said

She stayed silent as the call began to end, she was no longer hungry as she lost her appetite and began to fall asleep minutes later. He feels bad but there's nothing he can do, he wishes he was with her right now and continued working. His boss walks towards him to make sure he is working, he asks to make sure everything is ok and continues to be on his way.

As the day went by, he couldn't focus on his job, he was trying not to show he rather be with her but it showed, and he texted her to check on how she was doing. His boss noticed he was not at his desk working, he looked around to see where he went and the receptionist told him where he went. The boss looked at him with concern and had many questions he wanted to ask, tapped him to ask him.

"Is everything ok Oz?" Boss asked

"Yes boss everything is alright," Oz replied

"You sure? Your mood seems off," Boss asked

"I am sure boss. Just drop the topic. I'm fine. Everything is fine," Oz replied

He broke down into tears as he was talking with his boss.

"Why aren't you at your desks working if everything is fine?" Boss asked

"Because ...," Oz replied

"Because what?" Boss asked

"I can't focus on work boss. I'm missing my wife and I should be spending time with her but instead, I'm here working," Oz replied

"Oh I see it's about the work call from this morning," Boss replied

He continues to cry even more and he really wished he was at home with her. The boss felt bad but there was nothing he could do about it. He gave him a comforting hug and went back to his office.

Hours later, it was time for lunch and he grabbed his phone to call her as promised and waited for her to answer. Moments later, she heard her phone ringing and she got up to answer the phone and talked to him. As she was talking she became happy he called, she knew he would keep his promise and continued talking while he was at work.

His boss noticed a change in his mood and wondered if it was his fiancee who changed his mood and continued to watch from his office. His face brightened more as the work day came towards to a close, finished the last day of his work and went to clock out of work. He walked out of the building, he got in his car to drive off, and finally reached home.

He walked through the door and she ran to him to hug him she was happy he came home and he went in the shower to freshen up. She prepared food for him to eat, laid it down on his bedside table, and turned on his program to watch. She relaxed on the bed, got on her phone to watch a movie, and fell asleep while watching her movie.

Moments later, he got out of the shower, changed into his night clothes, and started eating while watching his program. As he starts to feel sleepy, he turns off the TV, puts the finished food down, and cuddles with her to go to sleep.